ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Ext interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Muhammad nazir
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Ext interview

Post by Muhammad nazir » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi
I applied for the extension of Enterprenuer 50k 0n 28th octobor 2016 and today i got email for interview in couple of weeks. I am running IT company.
I applied under the old rules

Any body help me how to i prepare my self aboit the interview and what kind of questions they can ask.

Please reply me as soon as possible

Thanks

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Ext interview

Post by hina_pirzada » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:27 pm

U must carefully look all ur documents u submitted at the time of application. U must know about ur clients , business progress, and current business revenue since October 2016. Also u must aware about all ur employees and how u recurit them. Interview called up means u have submitted all required documents as per policy guidance and they haven't found anything to refuse you. So ur possitive approach and short answer of their question will matter. Also remember on rule which is "if they ask u A so u give them answer A not B and C" if u give them answer B and C so it will generate questionD and E. Do not nervous be confident and grip on ur business.

tm231
Newly Registered

Post by tm231 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:36 pm

I would suggest you check the thread for Tier1 Entrepreneur interview. Many questions similar to the one been asked have been posted and you will benefit immensely if you check and compile all the questions and tailor the answers to your own business. I did same and 90% of the questions I compiled was asked at my interview.
As an entrepreneur, one thing that is expected of you is the ability to demonstrate sound understanding of your business, skills and competence in your discipline area.
The interview is an opportunity for you to showcase yourself and prove beyond all reasonable doubt to your interviewer that you have genuinely carried out the business and understand its requirements.
You may be asked to provide details of your company finances, I was asked same, but I only provided details for the current financial year to avoid giving wrong figures which will later be used against me.
I told my interviewer, I am happy to provide all other details as I have submitted documentary evidence already and will submit again if required. One very frequently asked question is if your business fails what will you do? For me, I will develop an alternative business model that is less fragile, more robust and have ability to manage to a high degree randomness.
Finally, be articulate, confident and present your points in a clear and concise manner and take ownership as this is your business and you know the intricacies better than anyone.
Good Luck with your interview

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:46 pm

There are several threads on this forum for the interview questions. However most question should be specific to your business.
See: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... 58620.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

KAKA-MAG

Post by KAKA-MAG » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:01 pm

Muhammad nazir wrote:Hi
I applied for the extension of Enterprenuer 50k 0n 28th octobor 2016 and today i got email for interview in couple of weeks. I am running IT company.
I applied under the old rules

Any body help me how to i prepare my self aboit the interview and what kind of questions they can ask.

Please reply me as soon as possible

Thanks
Hi Muhammad Nazir,
Please make sure you go though your company financial statement with detailed figures, Rest of the questions you can read in threads.
Good Luck

Aliraza12

Post by Aliraza12 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:02 am

Hi
You should be carefully during interview what you said it.
You have backup for this what you answering during interviews they would ask you proof latter ..

mcr2013

Post by mcr2013 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:10 am

hi zimba but u share initial application's question, it would be great if anybody share recent extension application's question

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:03 am

mcr2013 wrote:hi zimba but u share initial application's question, it would be great if anybody share recent extension application's question
The same questions can be asked during extension, other questions will be relevant to YOUR OWN BUSINESS
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:31 am

Hi, i have interviewed on 27th of March.

The question is same as before but they have analysis your documents very detailed and some question is designed for your own business. Please check all documents you submit to them.

They even asked me when the contract start and expiry.

Muhammad nazir
Newly Registered

Post by Muhammad nazir » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:53 am

Hi
HIUK888888
Can you explain me what kind of contract i dont have any contract with the companies permanent basis.
Can any body update how long they will take to make a final decision on my application. I am near to eligible for 10 years baises IRL JUST 8 months left. In case if they refuse me then what is the best way to cover these 8 months

Thank

HIUK888888
Newly Registered

Post by HIUK888888 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Muhammad nazir wrote:Hi
HIUK888888
Can you explain me what kind of contract i dont have any contract with the companies permanent basis.
Can any body update how long they will take to make a final decision on my application. I am near to eligible for 10 years baises IRL JUST 8 months left. In case if they refuse me then what is the best way to cover these 8 months

Thank
The contract is between me and my client.

not quite sure how long they will process after interview. I was asked for interview nearly 6 months.

Aliraza12

Post by Aliraza12 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi Nazir
After interview they analysis your documents and checking your business is operating genuinely or not ?
Don't work it takes up to 6 to 10 month after interview

schahzeb

Post by schahzeb » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:40 am

If the below may assist.

Genuine entrepreneur test:
interviewing

This page tells you about interviewing when assessing an application as part of the
genuine entrepreneur test.
An applicant can be asked to attend an interview at any stage during the application
process, including the day the application is submitted.
If you invite the applicant for interview, you must follow the standard procedure
already in place.
If the applicant fails to attend a scheduled interview without a reasonable
explanation, you must refuse the application under paragraph 320(7D) of the
Immigration Rules for entry clearance applications or paragraph 322(10) of the
Immigration Rules for leave to remain applications. An example of a reasonable
explanation for non-attendance is an emergency which could not have been avoided.
English language
Applicants must have English language ability to B1 level. However, this level is not
high enough to assume they are fluent in English. You must provide an interpreter, if
the applicant wants or needs one.
Official – Sensitive: end of section
interview will then form part of the consideration process and could lead to refusal if
the decision maker is not satisfied that the applicant is a genuine entrepreneur.
When applicants are invited to interview post application submission, interview
questions should take account of specific concerns identified in each case and the
Page 34 of 141 Published for Home Office staff on 06 April 2017
appropriate genuineness criteria, depending on whether the applicant has applied for
entry clearance, leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain.
Before interview, you should review the documents and do basic background checks
before referring the application to the interview process. If an interview is necessary,
the following list contains suggestions of evidence to request that could assist in your
assessment. You must assess each application individually to consider the types of
evidence needed. The following list of required evidence is not exhaustive and may
not apply to every application:
 a curriculum vitae (CV) to assess the applicant’s previous experience in the
field and in business
 a business plan and any market research to assess how much consideration
the applicant has put into starting their business: this information can be
purchased as a package, so plans that appear general may provide an
indication of how genuine the applicant is
 evidence of appropriate accreditation, registration or insurance for the relevant
business section (if the business is established)
 financial information overseen by a bank - for example, a small business loan
 hierarchy charts of larger businesses
 evidence of advertising
 contracts showing trading, if the business is established
 tax documentation (for example, returns or evidence of registration with HMRC)
but only if the business is actually trading: non-trading businesses may still be
registered (but you must note that applicants switching from Tier 1 (Post-study
work) will not score points for working in a skilled occupation if their business is
not trading)
 affidavit from any mentors: for example, if the applicant is being mentored by a
member of the British Business Angels Association
 evidence of previous businesses owned by the applicant
 details of trading premises, and permissions if the business is trading in the
applicant’s home
 evidence of investment
 evidence of job creation
If you have reasonable doubts based on the evidence provided, you can verify the
evidence submitted, if appropriate. If you cannot satisfactorily verify this evidence,
you must discount it. For applications from entrepreneurial teams, information on the
formation of the team could aid your assessment, such as information on how they
met and why they decided to form a team.
Following the interview, you must consider all the available evidence and assess, on
the balance of probabilities, whether the applicant is a genuine entrepreneur.
If you consider the migrant to be genuine, you should grant them entry clearance or
leave to remain, providing:
 they meet all the requirements of paragraphs 245DB to 245DC or paragraphs
245DD or 245DF of the Immigration Rules
Page 35 of 141 Published for Home Office staff on 06 April 2017
 none of the general grounds for refusal in paragraphs 320 to 322 of the
Immigration Rules apply
At this stage, if you do not consider the migrant to be genuine, you should refuse
them entry clearance or leave to remain under the genuine entrepreneur test and
any other grounds for refusal which apply.