ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earning from two countries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Earning from two countries

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi...Am deputed to UK by an Indian company. I get paid a full salary in India and an Allowance in UK. The UK payslip shows the allowance paid but does not show any tax paid. However at the end of each FY, I get my notional P60. In this situation, can someone advise me:

1. Can I apply for HSMP claiming points on Band A
2. Tax details not mentioned on my payslip will be an issue?

Please help.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Hiya,

If you have lived 7 or more months in the UK, you can apply ONLY by claiming points against Band A.

If you have lived 6 months each in India and the UK, prorate both salaries separately to 12 months, then determine points separately - India salary using Band D and UK salary using Band A. The points that are most favourable to your case will be awarded.

If you have lived more than 7 months, but less than 12 months, prorate your total earnings for the period to 12 months to determine the points that can be awarded.

Convert the Gross Income that you receive in India (as displayed on your salary slips for the period of consideration) to GBP based on the rate prevailing as of your last salary slip and determine the points you can claim under "Previous Earnings".

Cheers.

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Thanks for your reply. As I had mentioned before, my UK Payslip does not show the tax deducted. However my P60 given at the end of the year will show the tax deducted. What I have is:

- Indian Payslip
- UK Payslip
- Last year P60
- Bank statement
- ITR for Indian salary

Can you pls tell me whether this is sufficient. Am eligible when my NET UK Allowance + GROSS Indian salary is taken.

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:30 pm

Seniors can someone please throw some light on this? Even I am also in the same situation....

hsmpaspirant2007
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpaspirant2007 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi....Were you able to get any updates on the NET UK Allowance + Gross Indian salary bit. Am trying my level best but unable to make a way out. Most of the consultants have no clue as how to take this up. Did you try out any consultants in the UK. I know you are trying with Paul from EC-HSMP but I don't think it will work as he is from India and moreover when even experienced consultants in UK don't have an idea, I dont know how useful he would be.

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:13 pm

I am in touch with workpermit.com let's see what thye have to say.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:11 am

Hiya,

Does you Indian payslip show the UK allowance? I used to be in a similar situation, but my Indian payslips always showed my UK allowance, so I had no issues. I received notional UK payslips but those were purely for tax purposes.

I believe you should be in a position to show both you UK and India payslips and explain to the caseworker the reason behind it. However, this is only my belief. I have not witnessed nor known anyone in a similar situation - so I am unable to provide additional inputs.

Does Tier 1 benefit your application? Have you considered waiting until its in force?

Cheers.

J.

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:52 pm

No my Indian payslip doesn't show anything about UK allowance. Could you please guide me on how to draft covering letter in this case? I can't wait for new rules as my bday is on 28feb and I will turn 30, points will come down to 70. I have to apply next week.

reliablemadhu
Newly Registered

salary

Post by reliablemadhu » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:08 am

Gorajim,
I will be very grateful if you can give me cover letter.Earnings have been earned partly in Indiaand partly in US.
madhuu

gorajim wrote:Hiya,

Does you Indian payslip show the UK allowance? I used to be in a similar situation, but my Indian payslips always showed my UK allowance, so I had no issues. I received notional UK payslips but those were purely for tax purposes.

I believe you should be in a position to show both you UK and India payslips and explain to the caseworker the reason behind it. However, this is only my belief. I have not witnessed nor known anyone in a similar situation - so I am unable to provide additional inputs.

Does Tier 1 benefit your application? Have you considered waiting until its in force?

Cheers.

J.