ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rental income for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

the goat
Newly Registered

Rental income for Spouse Visa

Post by the goat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi all,

Is it really the case that mortgage payments are not deducted from rental income when assessing the income criteria?

My only source of income is from rental property but the mortgage payments put me bellow the 18.6 threshold.

I have paid the correct tax which is nil as my SA302's show zero because I have losses from previous years to carry forward.

Can anybody give an explanation as to why mortgage payments are not deductible?

Thanks all.

sunoo

Re: Rental income for Spouse Visa

Post by sunoo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:49 am

Hi.

Mortgage interest and maintenance expense will be deducted from the income. Lets say your rental income is £20000 and you are paying £600 mortgage (a repayment mortgage) and the interest is £300 so you need to minus £3600 from £20000 and the rest will be considered income (if you don't have any maintenance occurred during the year). Property tax rules have recently been changed. I would advise you to speak to your accountant on this matter.

sunoo

samira_uk
BANNED

Re: Rental income for Spouse Visa

Post by samira_uk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:30 am

On what basis you said that? No where in the rules such thing is mentioned