ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for Parents(From India):

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chandu_246

Schengen Visa for Parents(From India):

Post by chandu_246 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi All,

MY parents recently got UK Visit Visa stamped on their passport and I submitted their visa application after reading number of posts on this forum.That's the beauty of this forum.

Now my parents would also like to visit France, when they are in UK next month.Could you please point me to the similar posts(If there are posts related to people who applied for UK visa ans schengen visa) on this forum.As part of application France consulate needs air tickets and hotel bookings.Confusion I have is,they won't be flying to France directly and they will be visiting UK first and then france.

Do I need to mention all these things in the cover letter?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chandra

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Schengen Visa for Parents(From India):

Post by poper » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:21 pm

chandu_246 wrote:Hi All,

MY parents recently got UK Visit Visa stamped on their passport and I submitted their visa application after reading number of posts on this forum.That's the beauty of this forum.

Now my parents would also like to visit France, when they are in UK next month.Could you please point me to the similar posts(If there are posts related to people who applied for UK visa ans schengen visa) on this forum.As part of application France consulate needs air tickets and hotel bookings.Confusion I have is,they won't be flying to France directly and they will be visiting UK first and then france.

Thanks,
Chandra
I applied for Schengen visa in London for myself. I had to provide my complete travel itinerary in a separate sheet
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:53 pm

poper wrote:
chandu_246 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks,

Chandra
I applied for Schengen visa in London for myself. I had to provide my complete travel itinerary in a separate sheet

You was on a UK visit visa and then you applied for french schengen visa ?

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 am

I am in the UK on a Type C visa. Can I apply for a Schengen visa in London?
The Type C visa issued by the UK is a visitor’s visa and cannot be accepted as a residence permit.
Schengen rules require applicants to lodge their Schengen visa application in a country in which they hold residency.

https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/page.p ... here_apply