ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moideenbii
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by moideenbii » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:32 am

Dear Experts
i was referred by a colleague to use this website as he had success before for the expertise provided from him here.

I am in a sticky position.

I am ILR holder since 2014 .

I was planning to apply for my naturalization using JCAP.
I used to work my friends company as a IT engineer for 9 months in 2013 everything was proper he provided me salary slips and money went to my bank account in the companys name and used this to apply for my ILR After that i got a better job and moved to work in a multi national. Recently his accountant mentioned to me as he is also my friend not to apply for naturalization because the company has not paid any tax for me to HMRC in 2013 and there is no record that i worked there . i am so upset i am not sure what to do .

Please i humbly request can anyone advise what should i be doing .

I am working in multi national for past 3 years continuously and in a senior position in technology i have had no issues in my visas ever before. 5 years tier 1 + 3 years ILR . I live my wife and 2 kids. 1 was born here and is a British citizen 3 years old.

Please help.

Kind Regards,
Moideen

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:39 am

Company committed an offence in my books, not paying over deductions for employee Tax and NI. Also if accountant is professionally qualified he could be implicated as well.

You did get payslips and P60?

However, I would request your NIC record to see what it shows for the period in question. You can log into your own tax payers account so this should be a quick way of getting your status (go to HMRC web).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

moideenbii
Newly Registered

Post by moideenbii » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Dear Member of standing

I am very humbled by your response and much appreciated , i dont want to file a case or drag them to court and have them implicated ive known them all my life, God is there and he will do justice they took advantage of me and put me , my kids and wife in jeopardy.

Please could you guide me through this how can i view my tax on the web i have never done this ever.

And if that period shows null what i should do ?

yes i have all the payslips and they gave me a p45 .

should i wait a another 10 years for me to apply for passport and carry on in ILR ?

Kind Regards,
Moideen

moideenbii
Newly Registered

Post by moideenbii » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Dear Member of standing

I managed to check the NIC records with some research .

In my 09 year work history only 1 year it says year not full.

Message as below .
"You can make up the shortfall
Pay a voluntary contribution of £xxx by 5 April 2023. This shortfall may increase after 5 April 2019."

I am happy to pay this , if i pay am i clear ?

Please advise .

Kind Regards,
Moideen

Coldwinter

Post by Coldwinter » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:37 am

I think the message you are getting on the online account is a generic message when hmrc dont have a record of NI contributions from a particular year. I dont think it is the actual amount you owe. If hmrc had a record of underpayment of tax or NI they would have deducted this from your subsequent salaries via taxcode. I am not an expert, but my online tax account shows the same message for the years i did not work.

RRSB2012

Post by RRSB2012 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:58 am

Moideen,

Please forgive me if my message comes across harsh.

Your friend and his accountant had done everything to damage you and your family's prospects and you are still out there to protect them???
Anyways they have committed an offense by not paying tax deducted from an employees' salary and should be reported. Its not personal anymore, I believe we should report offenders to stop them doing the same to others

I am sure you will get through but I would request that you still report them, even if you do it after you get your British passport.

Just an advise to promote justice.
Thanks
R