ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR from Tier 2 Requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harsha1415
Newly Registered

ILR from Tier 2 Requirements

Post by harsha1415 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi
iam going to apply for ILR on 28th April 2017 (in 10 days), actually my employee contract stated as £35k salary per annum but i just looked at my payslips because of the system error i got short of 8 pence means my salary gross salary stated as £34,999.92 but i got additional over time salary of £200 and in total i have paid tax for £35,200 for the financial period 01/04/2016 - 31/04/2017
my doubts are
1. do they reject application because of 8 pence less (or do they round figure salary to £35k)
2. do they calculate over time?
3. if i get a letter from employer stating my annual salary as 35k is that useful?

Please help me if anybody got information on this
thank you

SRK007
Newly Registered

Re: ILR from Tier 2 Requirements

Post by SRK007 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi,

The bonus or overtime is not considered as your actual earnings against the CoS. As CoS states, you need to work for 37.5hrs per week.

The 8 pence less is a tricky one to say and its complete discretion of case worker. check with your employer if they can adjust and revise the payslip again.

Cheers..!

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR from Tier 2 Requirements

Post by paradoxical » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:52 pm

I am not sure that it is at discretion of the case worker. There is a rule and 35k is the cut-off, and 8 pence or 8k, both are less than cut-off. Rather than taking risk, why not speak to your employer and actually increase to at least get above the 35k without having to rely on rounding off, and then apply a month later when you have your new payslip (corroborated by the bank statement).
my 2 cents