ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHANGE OF NAME AFTER MARRIAGE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shiny123
Newly Registered

CHANGE OF NAME AFTER MARRIAGE

Post by shiny123 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 pm

I have applied for British Citizenship in June 2015 and got married in October 2015. I have been granted the Citizenship in February 2016. I have soon after realised that I have not informed the Homeoffice about the change of my circumstances before they have issued the Citizenship certificate to me.
Since getting married , I have also taken out a mortgage in my maiden name.

Now I would like to change my Maiden name as well as apply for British passport.
What should be the process ?

Can I just send my marriage certificate to the Home Office in order to apply for passport using my new name ?

please advise me on the above - thank you in advance.

nikpar
Newly Registered

Re: CHANGE OF NAME AFTER MARRIAGE

Post by nikpar » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:43 pm

I was in same scenario so when I called th HMPO they advised me to apply for british passport with the same name as citizenship certificate and than apply again for change of name in passport with supporting documents marriage certificate, utility bills, deed poll or statutory declaration.
I went with statutory declaration as it was the cheaper option for me. Hope it helps thanks.