ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paid absences for ILR application from Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saragaso
Newly Registered

Paid absences for ILR application from Tier 2

Post by Saragaso » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi., I'm due to apply for my ILR in July on the Tier 2 General 5 year route. I have a query on absences. During the past 5 years I have spent a total of 159 days out of UK( inclusive of the days of travel). However in 2016 I have spent a total of 50 days out of UK on three different ocassions accounting to around 35 working days. My allocated time was 29 working days of paid leave but I had some overtime which I could claim back as time which I did. IS this going to be an issue? Please advise and what evidence would I require with my application. Thanks

Saragaso
Newly Registered

Re: Paid absences for ILR application from Tier 2

Post by Saragaso » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Can I please request the senior and more experienced members on this forum to share thier views on the above query please. Would a letter from my employer certifying the overtime etc. suffice? If I take out the travel days it is 31 working days in 2016- 2 more than the allocated which I can get evidence form my employer for paid absence. Please advice.
Thanks

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:40 am

You will need a letter from employer that should list all days that you were out of the UK and the reason for those absences. And this includes annual leave. I don't think you should over-complicate things by mentioning about overtime etc. and confuse the caseworker. So if the letter just says something like (x date to y date: reason), it should be fine..
In the reason, it could be "annual leave"/"Work-related whatever". The only part you are worried about is exceeding a certain number. So perhaps you could also have some entries which say "x days without pay"...Others can comment on this, but I don't think unpaid leave is an issue as long as you are not on unpaid leave for more than 4 weeks.
Furthermore, annual leave number should not be HO concern as long as the job is genuine and all other requirements are met. So it is possible that someone might have 50 days or more of annual leave (which means it is paid). So if your employer has deemed the extra days that you took off as paid leave, you can leave it as paid leave without worrying that it exceeds a certain number..The only thing to make sure is that your "unpaid" leave does not exceed more than 4 weeks..my 2 cents

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:27 am

An employer letter explaining this will be enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Saragaso
Newly Registered

Post by Saragaso » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:21 pm

Thanks both. I really appreciate it. Just to confirm I don't have any unpaid leaves and the extra days were all paid leaves which were granted by my employer.These were extra 5 days. It makes sense not to complicate matters by mentioning overtime etc. and I'll get a letter from the employer. Can you also share a template of the letter please?
Thanks again for the support.Regards.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:08 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Saragaso
Newly Registered

Post by Saragaso » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:55 pm

Thanks a a lot, much appreciated. Regards