ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit Processing time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zhda_gfr
Newly Registered

EEA family permit Processing time

Post by zhda_gfr » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:53 am

Hi,
I am a Dutch national and a university student tryingg to get my husband over to the UK from Afghanistan.

After returning from Afghanistan i tried to make an visa application myself on behalf of my husband and we submitted it in New Delhi- India.
However it was refused as not all the required documentation were submitted and the wrong application was used.

Then I inquired about the required documents and paid a solicitor to make an application on behalf of us. paid quiet a huge amount of money. the application was submitted on 3rd of January 2017 and its been 4 months we still have not received any reply. everytime my caseworker emails the UKVI, all the say is the application is in process . Now my husband has travelled all the way to India for this, and he cannot come back to his country. Recently they emailed that the application has reached the British High Commission. what exactly does that mean?
Iam currently going through a very hard time because of this and its ridiculous how the immigration system is so slow and unproductive at all.

I would like to know what the maximum processing time is for such applications and why?

BIG Dobby
inactive

Re: EEA family permit Processing time

Post by BIG Dobby » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:36 pm

zhda_gfr wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:53 am
Hi,
I am a Dutch national and a university student tryingg to get my husband over to the UK from Afghanistan.

After returning from Afghanistan i tried to make an visa application myself on behalf of my husband and we submitted it in New Delhi- India.
However it was refused as not all the required documentation were submitted and the wrong application was used.

Then I inquired about the required documents and paid a solicitor to make an application on behalf of us. paid quiet a huge amount of money. the application was submitted on 3rd of January 2017 and its been 4 months we still have not received any reply. everytime my caseworker emails the UKVI, all the say is the application is in process . Now my husband has travelled all the way to India for this, and he cannot come back to his country. Recently they emailed that the application has reached the British High Commission. what exactly does that mean?
Iam currently going through a very hard time because of this and its ridiculous how the immigration system is so slow and unproductive at all.

I would like to know what the maximum processing time is for such applications and why?

How did it go? Were you successful?