ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 6 Years DL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

azharmahmood
Mood:

ILR after 6 Years DL

Post by azharmahmood » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:26 am

Hello all members

I would like to ask few questions and need your help about filling the form SET(O). The answers might help all the people who will apply ILR in 2017.

I am going to apply for ILR in August(going to complete my 6 years of DL). I am married to a British citizen and we are living together with a son 1.5 years old.

Question # 1 : What necessary documents are required to submit with the form (Only I am applying - No dependants). I have read the forum and people have submitted the bank statements , old DL documents from HO, Bills , Employment letters etc. One of the guy who got his ILR in 2016 last year mentioned that nothing was required except the passport , covering letter , statement from your partner , BRP and photographs. I am now confused what exactly do I need to find as I am not sure whether I have got all the 3 years old documents with me.

Question # 2 : Do I have to fill the employment section and the earnings of the year ? per hour rate, benefits etc.

Question # 3 : Do I have to attach all the 30 pages ( category information etc) which I am not suppose to fill / not my category information ?

I will be very thankful for the replies.

Regards

Azhar

azharmahmood
Mood:

Re: ILR after 6 Years DL

Post by azharmahmood » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:55 pm

anyone ?? please help guys...thanks

azharmahmood
Mood:

Post by azharmahmood » Thu May 04, 2017 12:29 am

130 views but no one is replying . May be my questions are stupid but it will help me and other people who will read it in future. Thanks

Mm644370
Newly Registered

Post by Mm644370 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:49 pm

I just got my ilr last month
Q2 is yes ,Q3 is yes
About question 1, the documents I applied with:DLR letters from UKBA (home office)
Passed Life in the UK Test Certificate
B1 English Test Certificate
My husband and children 's passports
Marriage and children birth certificates
Pay slips and last couple years P60
Last few months bank statements
Council tax bills .
But I know some of the documents are not necessary
Hope this would help you,good luck

azharmahmood
Mood:

Post by azharmahmood » Thu May 04, 2017 2:12 pm

First of all congratulations and hank you so much for answering my question, can you please tell me what did you write in the question 6.1

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

is it the one I came here (my first entry in UK) or the date of first DL issued to me 6 years ago ??

Many thanks

Mm644370
Newly Registered

Post by Mm644370 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Not sure it's right ,but I wrote the first day I enter U.K.

azharmahmood
Mood:

Post by azharmahmood » Tue May 09, 2017 1:05 am

thank you , one more question if you know the answer

Peope Living in the UK under DL are exempt for Life in the UK test for ILR and for Naturalisation as well.

Is it true ??

Thankyou

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:15 am

azharmahmood wrote:thank you , one more question if you know the answer

Peope Living in the UK under DL are exempt for Life in the UK test for ILR and for Naturalisation as well.

Is it true ??

Thankyou
ILR yes but for Naturalisation it is required, you are not exempt. Naturalisation is a completely separate set of Laws and rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

azharmahmood
Mood:

Post by azharmahmood » Tue May 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Thank you for clarification.

azharmahmood
Mood:

Post by azharmahmood » Sun May 21, 2017 12:50 am

Another question just saw in the form SET(O) version 2017.

Question 10.6 Place of issue

I received my BRP through post and I did my Biometrics in the post office. What shall I write ??

Regards

Azhar

azharmahmood
Mood:

Post by azharmahmood » Fri May 26, 2017 11:09 am

anyone ????????

Honeytom
Newly Registered

Post by Honeytom » Fri May 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi All,
I am happy to inform you that I finally got my ILR on Tuesday via 6 years DLR and the Biometric was delivered this afternoon.

Though I am a silent reader/listener of this forum, I would like to say a special thanks to CR001 for your immense contribution and advice to people on this forum, I have through the past few years been an admirer through your ways of allaying people's fear and pointing them in the right direction in terms of what applies to individual's case/situation.

I pray that God will reward you accordingly for your labour of love.

I also pray that those waiting for such brilliant news......of freedom, will rejoice very soon.

TIMELINE:
Applied for DLR in DEC 2010

1st DLR Granted in MAY 2011

2nd DLR Applied in April 2014

Granted in JUNE 2014....To expire June 2017

ILR application made online on 18th April 2017

PEO for application on Tuesday 22nd MAY 2017

ILR Granted 22nd MAY 2017

God bless and best of luck to all.

azharmahmood
Mood:

Post by azharmahmood » Fri May 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Congratulations , can you please let us know what documents did u submit and what exactly did you write in category explanation page number 14. Did they ask you any question regarding the application etc.

Regards

Azhar

azharmahmood
Mood:

Post by azharmahmood » Fri May 26, 2017 4:25 pm

can u plz reply to my other question thanks

Honeytom
Newly Registered

Post by Honeytom » Fri May 26, 2017 11:49 pm

azharmahmood wrote:Congratulations , can you please let us know what documents did u submit and what exactly did you write in category explanation page number 14. Did they ask you any question regarding the application etc.

Regards

Azhar

Hi,
I enclosed the following documents:

3 months payslips
3 months bank statements
2 financial year Council tax bill
12 months Gas & Electricity bill
2 years Water bill
2 financial year P60
Spouse 3 months payslips
Spouse 3 months bank statement
Marriage certificate
Children's birth certificate.

I also wrote a covering letter for the application detailing the initial application and subsequent renewal dates.

Honeytom
Newly Registered

Post by Honeytom » Sat May 27, 2017 12:05 am

Honeytom wrote:
azharmahmood wrote:Congratulations , can you please let us know what documents did u submit and what exactly did you write in category explanation page number 14. Did they ask you any question regarding the application etc.

Regards

Azhar

Hi,
I enclosed the following documents:

3 months payslips
3 months bank statements
2 financial year Council tax bill
12 months Gas & Electricity bill
2 years Water bill
2 financial year P60
Spouse 3 months payslips
Spouse 3 months bank statement
Marriage certificate
Children's birth certificate.

I ticked "other purpose or reasons not covered by other application forms" and I used the covering letter for page number 14.

I was not asked any question and was only called to be informed that my application was successful and to pick up my original documents.

I also wrote a covering letter for the application detailing the initial application and subsequent renewal dates.

azharmahmood
Mood:

Post by azharmahmood » Sat May 27, 2017 1:03 am

Thankyou for the information

Firewoman
Newly Registered

Post by Firewoman » Sun May 28, 2017 6:12 am

azharmahmood wrote:Thankyou for the information
Are you planning to apply via premium?

Firewoman
Newly Registered

Post by Firewoman » Sun May 28, 2017 6:16 am

Honeytom wrote:Hi All,
I am happy to inform you that I finally got my ILR on Tuesday via 6 years DLR and the Biometric was delivered this afternoon.

Though I am a silent reader/listener of this forum, I would like to say a special thanks to CR001 for your immense contribution and advice to people on this forum, I have through the past few years been an admirer through your ways of allaying people's fear and pointing them in the right direction in terms of what applies to individual's case/situation.

I also pray that those waiting for such brilliant news......of freedom, will rejoice very soon.

TIMELINE:

ILR application made online on 18th April 2017.

Congrats, i pray i come back here to share my own victory as am applying in few weeks time. Pls did you pay £2887 upfront when trying to book for premium appointment. I stopped when i saw the few ecause i was thinking i should pay for premium booking of £529 or so only and pay the application fee seperately somehow. If yes, is the £2887 the total feel for premium application and no other fee? Thanks

Firewoman
Newly Registered

Post by Firewoman » Sun May 28, 2017 6:19 am

Honeytom, you mention you applied for ILR online, did you mean you filled your form and submitted your documents online and not in person via premium? Pls explain. Thanks a bunch.

azharmahmood
Mood:

Post by azharmahmood » Sun May 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Firewoman wrote:
azharmahmood wrote:Thankyou for the information
Are you planning to apply via premium?
yes i will go premium as i dont want to wait and wait and wait...

Honeytom
Newly Registered

Post by Honeytom » Tue May 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Firewoman wrote:
Honeytom wrote:Hi All,

TIMELINE:

ILR application made online on 18th April 2017.

Congrats, i pray i come back here to share my own victory as am applying in few weeks time. Pls did you pay £2887 upfront when trying to book for premium appointment. I stopped when i saw the few ecause i was thinking i should pay for premium booking of £529 or so only and pay the application fee seperately somehow. If yes, is the £2887 the total feel for premium application and no other fee? Thanks

Hi Firewoman, the premium application fee is £2887 which you'll have to pay online via the home office website.

You'll be given list of available dates and days but there are some days/ time of the day where you'll have to pay extra on top of the normal premium fee.

Honeytom
Newly Registered

Post by Honeytom » Tue May 30, 2017 6:07 pm

Firewoman wrote:Honeytom, you mention you applied for ILR online, did you mean you filled your form and submitted your documents online and not in person via premium? Pls explain. Thanks a bunch.
Hi,
The application for premium service is done online and all you'll have to physically take your documents with you on the day of your appointment.

Adel1980
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Adel1980 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi
I have just about to complete 6 years under discretionary leave to remain ,I got my first 3 years in 2009 following a refusal of asylum application now u want to apply using the premium service .
Is anyone please know which form I can use .thank you

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Adel1980 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:23 pm
Hi
I have just about to complete 6 years under discretionary leave to remain ,I got my first 3 years in 2009 following a refusal of asylum application now u want to apply using the premium service .
Is anyone please know which form I can use .thank you
Hi,

Normally you would use form FLR (DL) , this is postal only.

Lately/recently some members that have been granted Discretionary Leave (DL) after a failed/refused asylum application and within their qualified period have used the form SET(O) to make an application for ILR, plus with the premium appointment they have been successful, some have had their application invalidated and some have had theirs deferred for further checks.

I will only state that the correct form should be used always as there is a risk of the application becoming invalidated if the wrong form is used or even refused and losing the fee paid.

I will also state that DL is granted outside of the immigration rules and is at the discretion of the case worker to accept or refuse or even invalidate the application based on their understanding and guidance set out before them, in which it has happened to some members (very few).
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.