ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citzenship approved/BRP return issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunshine16

Citzenship approved/BRP return issue

Post by sunshine16 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:50 pm

My nationality application is approved and the approval letter mentioned that i should return my ILR BRP card after the ceremony. I don't have my BRP with me it is with Home office as i sent it with my wife FLR FP application which is still pending and i have not received it yet,please advice what should i do in this situation. Thanks

vinny

Re: Citzenship approved/BRP return issue

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:26 pm

If they already have your BRP, then tell them.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sunshine16

Post by sunshine16 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:41 pm

You mean to say that i should write a letter to the given address on the approval letter and explain that my BRP is with HO for wife visa and once i received it back i will return it. Not sure will HO keep hold my BRP once they decide my wife application or they will send it back with the rest of the documents.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:38 pm

Yes.

Moreover, if they don't return it for you to send back, then they can hardly blame you.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.