ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

if EEA2 refused. can we stay or re apply?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zazii

Surrinder singh EEA2 application before 22 of march

Post by zazii » Mon May 01, 2017 9:14 am

Hi,
i am a visa family permit holder who arrived in UK in march under SS route with my british citizen spouse. then i applied for EEA2 and i made an application for HO. however i just realized that the form for application in GOV is changed from 22 of march and there is more option to filed for SS. and in the first page of application form is mentioned that this form is used for the application on 22 of march and after . but when i applied for this application there was not any option for british citizen that should be worker or jobseeker. and in the GOV website there was a phrase that ; you can apply for RC immediately after arrival as your sponsor is british citizen.
my question is :
1.what would happen with my application since i received an email from home office which my application is being consider.

zazii

if EEA2 refused. can we stay or re apply?

Post by zazii » Mon May 01, 2017 10:15 am

Hi,
if eea2 refused under SS , can we stay in UK or re apply while the eea family permit is expired?
because i think HO will write in the refusal letter that we have to leave as soon as possible

alphagear
Member of Standing

Re: if EEA2 refused. can we stay or re apply?

Post by alphagear » Mon May 01, 2017 2:12 pm

Why do you they will refuse?

Are you working?

zazii

Post by zazii » Mon May 01, 2017 2:22 pm

alphagear wrote:Why do you they will refuse?

Are you working?
i am not refused, my application is in the process, it was just a question.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zazii

Post by zazii » Mon May 01, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks!
do you have any idea about my topic? as you are so experienced.

zhda_gfr
Newly Registered

Post by zhda_gfr » Tue May 02, 2017 10:35 am

Hi,

I was wondering How long it took you to get the EEA visa?
because i have applied for my husband but it has been 4 months and i havent heard anything back from them. Just to clarify myself,

I am a Dutch national and a university student tryingg to get my husband over to the UK from Afghanistan.

After returning from Afghanistan i tried to make an visa application myself on behalf of my husband and we submitted it in New Delhi- India.
However it was refused as not all the required documentation were submitted and the wrong application was used.

Then I inquired about the required documents and paid a solicitor to make an application on behalf of us. paid quiet a huge amount of money. the application was submitted on 3rd of January 2017 and its been 4 months we still have not received any reply. everytime my caseworker emails the UKVI, all the say is the application is in process . Now my husband has travelled all the way to India for this, and he cannot come back to his country. Recently they emailed that the application has reached the British High Commission. what exactly does that mean?
Iam currently going through a very hard time because of this and its ridiculous how the immigration system is so slow and unproductive at all.

I would like to know what the maximum processing time is for such applications and why?

zazii

switch surinder singh to spouse visa

Post by zazii » Fri May 05, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi,
I would like to know that:

a) can we apply for spouse visa inside uk, while we have entered uk under eea family permit( surinder singh)

b) if yes, if visa has expired, can we apply yet?

c) if we hold residence card from another EEA country, which is valid for next 2 years. can we live lawfully in uk?

Casa

Re: switch surinder singh to spouse visa

Post by Casa » Sat May 06, 2017 8:50 am

zazii wrote:Hi,

a) can we apply for spouse visa inside uk, while we have entered uk under eea family permit( surinder singh)

c) if we hold residence card from another EEA country, which is valid for next 2 years. can we live lawfully in uk?
Your post is confusing. Are you asking if you can switch from an EEA FP to a Spouse visa under UK Immigration Rules ?

If what 'visa' has expired? Do you mean the EEA FP :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rahmsye

Post by rahmsye » Sat May 06, 2017 8:55 am

You can only apply for spousalvisa from outsideUK as far as Iknow you cant switch the visa i.e fp to spousal visa from inside the Uk to seperate vise one is eea the other is UK immigration rules if that swhat you are asking.

SO you have to be outside UK in order to apply for spousal visa.

zazii

Give me an advice please!

Post by zazii » Sun May 07, 2017 2:18 pm

I am non-eu family of british citizen who came to uk in march and applied immediately for eea2 under surinder singh. but we didn't know that the british citizen has to be qualified person( we came to UK together)
the british citizen will be qualified person for jobseeker next month)

my question is,

1.would i cancel my application then apply next month?

2.will they refused my application for this reason? (regarding that my documents are so strong except the problem that i mentioned above. )
Last edited by zazii on Sun May 07, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 07, 2017 2:21 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zazii

Post by zazii » Sun May 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Casa wrote:

Your post is confusing. Are you asking if you can switch from an EEA FP to a Spouse visa under UK Immigration Rules ?

If what 'visa' has expired? Do you mean the EEA FP :?:
yes . for example i am living in uk under EEA family permit which is for 6 month, after expiration of visa my sponsor has 18600 revenue . can i switch it to spouse visa?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Not from within the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zazii

Post by zazii » Sun May 07, 2017 2:52 pm

Casa wrote:Not from within the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/overview

but i found some thing here, is itt applicable since my sponsor is british?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 07, 2017 2:57 pm

zazii wrote:

No, as an FLR(M) application is for someone who has valid leave under another category within the UK Immigration Rules....which you don't.
(Casa, not CR001)

zazii

Post by zazii » Sun May 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Casa wrote:
zazii wrote:

No, as an FLR(M) application is for someone who has valid leave under another category within the UK Immigration Rules....which you don't.
which means if i get RC eea2. i can switch tight?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 07, 2017 3:18 pm

zazii wrote:
Casa wrote:
zazii wrote:

which means if i get RC eea2. i can switch tight?
No. You are unable to switch routes between EEA Regulations and the UK Immigration Rules.
(Casa, not CR001)

zazii

Post by zazii » Sun May 07, 2017 3:31 pm

a question: if eea2 refused, i will be overstayer while my spouse is british?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 07, 2017 3:32 pm

zazii wrote:a question: if eea2 refused, i will be overstayer while my spouse is british?
Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)

zazii

Post by zazii » Sun May 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Casa wrote:
zazii wrote:a question: if eea2 refused, i will be overstayer while my spouse is british?
Yes.
if i appeal or re-apply ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 07, 2017 3:57 pm

You can do either, but a new application is likely to be a quicker process than an appeal.

An appeal or a new application must be made within 14 days of the refusal to avoid being an overstayer.
(Casa, not CR001)

zazii

Post by zazii » Sun May 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Casa wrote:You can do either, but a new application is likely to be a quicker process than an appeal.

An appeal or a new application must be made within 14 days of the refusal to avoid being an overstayer.
could i do it at the same time?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun May 07, 2017 4:55 pm

zazii wrote:
Casa wrote:You can do either, but a new application is likely to be a quicker process than an appeal.

One or the other from within the UK. Not both at the same time.
(Casa, not CR001)

zazii

Post by zazii » Sun May 07, 2017 5:14 pm

Casa wrote:
zazii wrote:

One or the other from within the UK. Not both at the same time.
if we appeal and then re-apply within 14 days. is it illegal? since some user in this forum did it.