ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ango_26

Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling

Post by ango_26 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi Forum Members,

I am sure that this is asked many times before but I couldn't find a relevant topic where my query could be answered.

I like to double check if it's necessary for Citizenship application to provide UKNARIC certificate to rove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling?
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

I didn't have to provide any proof as for of ILR application because it was already recognized in PBS system in the past.

I am also concerned about getting a letter from University which is in India and it's usually not a simple thing :/

Please advice!

-Ankit

Casa

Re: Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and sett

Post by Casa » Tue May 02, 2017 12:19 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:34 pm

You now have to prove your level of English CEFR -B1, as PBS calculator is deprecated.

UK NARIC English Language Assessment is a must now unless you have a B1 Trinity or SELT .

Please see AN booklet and AN guidelines.

Re: Getting a Univ English letter or MOI ( medium of Instruction) is easy these days. Takes a 1 day to 3 days for all major colleges/Universities.

Thanks

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks a lot argus7!

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Wed May 03, 2017 3:01 pm

It all depends on the case worker. Some people didn't provide UK NARIC and just used the old PBS Printout which was used during ILR post Oct 2013. However, it is safe to provide UK NARIC as it may take 10 days to issue you will not have enough time to get one if the case worker decides to ask you to prove your english again.

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Thanks for your reply mrajkumar. I have decided to go the safe way :)

Muira
United States of America

Post by Muira » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:29 am

For citizens of majority English speaking countries, the guidelines are slightly different as they won't need a certificate proving their competency in the language.