ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Good Character requirements 10 years ban

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bluebird12
Pakistan

Naturalisation Good Character requirements 10 years ban

Post by bluebird12 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:14 pm

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum, and found this website very useful .. however i have the following question to ask ,could somebody please help me many thanks,

I came uk in 2004 illegally without having obtained LTE/ Visa , I never claimed Asylum or applied any kind of Leave to Remain until 05/2012 when applied First time LTR on basis of family life Article 8, got first Leave to Remain in 07/2013 , than later changed to Spouse Leave to Remain in 07/2014 and my ILR will be due to apply in 07/2019. i have heard there is 10 years ban for Illegal entry into uk when meeting the good character requirement for Naturalisaion .The question I want to ask when calculating the date for 10 years Ban start in my case would it be 2004 OR 05/2012 OR 07/2013 when i got first LTR OR 07/2019 my ILR date ? Many thanks for your reply and help

paru.org
India

Re: Naturalisation Good Character requirements 10 years ban

Post by paru.org » Wed May 03, 2017 10:20 pm

ur clock start from 07/2013
u can apply 07/2023
bluebird12 wrote:Hello everybody, I am new to this forum, and found this website very useful .. however i have the following question to ask ,could somebody please help me many thanks,

I came uk in 2004 illegally without having obtained LTE/ Visa , I never claimed Asylum or applied any kind of Leave to Remain until 05/2012 when applied First time LTR on basis of family life Article 8, got first Leave to Remain in 07/2013 , than later changed to Spouse Leave to Remain in 07/2014 and my ILR will be due to apply in 07/2019. i have heard there is 10 years ban for Illegal entry into uk when meeting the good character requirement for Naturalisaion .The question I want to ask when calculating the date for 10 years Ban start in my case would it be 2004 OR 05/2012 OR 07/2013 when i got first LTR OR 07/2019 my ILR date ? Many thanks for your reply and help

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:01 pm

Many thanks for your reply....so being illegal entrant into UK means my application for Naturalization will be automatically refused if i apply in 2019 after ILR and there are no chances of success in my above mentioned case ? In case of refusal , is there any appeal rights are given ? or Judicial review process if possible ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed May 03, 2017 11:17 pm

bluebird12 wrote:Many thanks for your reply....so being illegal entrant into UK means my application for Naturalization will be automatically refused if i apply in 2019 after ILR and there are no chances of success in my above mentioned case ? In case of refusal , is there any appeal rights are given ? or Judicial review process if possible ?
"Whilst there is no legal right of appeal or review of nationality decisions, you
may ask for it to be reconsidered if you disagree with the reason for refusal.
There is a small charge for reconsideration which will be returned (less the
citizenship ceremony fee where appropriate) if the decision is reversed and
your application is approved
."

Unlike a visa application British citizenship is a privilege, not a right. You can only request a reconsideration of the decision. In my honest opinion, the best you can hope for is that they will take the date when you first made yourself known to the authorities (Home Office) and qualify for BC 10 years from then (2022)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi Casa,
Many thanks for your comprehensive reply , i did not know before about reconsideration request ....very useful information.... :) one another question i have read on this forum some applicants applied Nationality through NCS , JCAP what is means by them ? thanks