ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - T2 General - English Language Certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anub2016
Mood:

ILR - T2 General - English Language Certificate

Post by anub2016 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi,

I'm currently on the Tier 2 General visa. For the English Language Requirement for ILR, since I have obtained my Bachelor's degree in a non-English speaking country, I had requested a Medium of Instruction certificate from my college. The certificate has been granted on the college's Official Letter Headed paper and has been Signed by the Issuing Official (Assistant Registrar - Academic). However, it does not bear any stamp.

Could the Moderators/Experts please advise if this certificate would be acceptable? It, however, contains all the required details - Name, Roll No, Course Title and Title of Award, Date of Award, Confirmation that the qualification was taught in English.

Many Thanks.

pupulu

Re: ILR - T2 General - English Language Certificate

Post by pupulu » Thu May 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi anub2016,
I got a Medium of Instruction letter from my university in India, on the University letter head with all my details and registrar signature but without the Registrar stamp.
It was accepted by NARIC and they issued me the NARIC certificates.

regards
P/S

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Thank you Pupulu.

Are the NARIC certificates (along with the original Degree) sufficient as evidence for English Language Requirement? Is the Medium of Instruction certificate granted by the University not required to be submitted along with the NARIC documents while applying for ILR?

Many Thanks.

pupulu

Post by pupulu » Thu May 04, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi, you will receive 2 certificates from NARIC- degree equivalent and English level proficiency. Note that one would have to upload a soft copy of the degree certificates and the medium letter on NARIC website and you will anyway retain the original with you.
My appointment is tomorrow morning. I will be submitting the 2 NARIC certificates and the original degree and the medium of instruction letter I received from My university.

Regards
P/S

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:43 am

Thank You for your reply Pupulu.

All the best for your application. Please could you intimate us of your application decision and whether the unstamped Medium of Instruction certificate (original) is accepted by the caseworker.

Many Thanks.

mspr335

Post by mspr335 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:08 am

NARIC certificates will serve the purpose .It's not mandatory to have original Medium of instruction certificate from the university.