ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If non-EEA PR app exceeds 6mths, is COA extended?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Danlieb

If non-EEA PR app exceeds 6mths, is COA extended?

Post by Danlieb » Thu May 04, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi there,

It seems that non-EEA PR applications from Oct/Nov 2016 are now taking longer than 6 months. I expect that this apparent 2-4 week lag will continue to grow with the increasing number of applications the HO is receiving.

For those of you whose 5-year residence permits have expired or will have expired by the end of the 6-month period from the date stated on your COA, how do you inform your employers that the HO still have not made a decision?

Is it possible to get an extension on your COA from the HO stating your continued eligibility to work in the UK? I will inevitably be in this situation come Sept 9th and my employers are hawk-eyed about these things, so I'd like to prepare for this eventuality.

Are any of you Oct/Nov applicants out there already in this position?

Danlieb

Re: If non-EEA PR app exceeds 6mths, is COA extended?

Post by Danlieb » Thu May 04, 2017 5:37 pm

Okay, I used the board's search engine after posting the above and learnt that you can request a replacement COA by emailing nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Has anyone done this? How long does it take to get a replacement COA and how long before the expiry date of the original COA should you request a replacement COA?

I am asking this because I don't want my employers to terminate employment while I'm waiting for the replacement COA.

Any help would be welcome. Even if it's just a link to a relevant post.
Thanks

Yummymummy23
Newly Registered

Post by Yummymummy23 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:29 pm

For me on 10/05 will be 6 months since the home office received my application. My COA finishes on 25/05 and my employer is very very strict on visas etc especially since i work at airport. My employer is already sending me emails requesting further information which I can not provide! I'm on maternity leave at the moment but they won't care, unless I provide any further information I will be fired.
I am in the process of requesting another COA and if I do not receive my resident card I will be contacting my local MP to complain to the home office on my behalf.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Yummymummy23 wrote:I will be contacting my local MP to complain to the home office on my behalf.
Being a pedant, but there are technically no MPs from May 2nd till June 13th. Parliament has been dissolved and there is a General Election on June 8th. Parliament will next meet on June 13th for the people who were elected on June 8th to take their oaths and they will then become MPs.

Factor that into your time calculations.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Zimsparta

Post by Zimsparta » Thu May 11, 2017 10:53 pm

My husband's via was expired on the 1st may and we have applied via the email service on the 1st May. Today is the 11th and we still did not receive new one. He had to leave his job and I have now sent 5 more requests. From different email addrsses. You cannot call anyone about this. I hate this ho institution. Its like they are keen to spoil lives.