ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 2 - 5 years route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rickysatij
Newly Registered

ILR Tier 2 - 5 years route

Post by rickysatij » Wed May 10, 2017 9:56 am

Dear all,

first of all thank you for this forum. It has always help me and my friends to learn about the visas.

I have got an issue with ILR

My ILR is due next month (completed 5 eyars in tier 2), but i just now realised that it might be refused, as my employer didnt pay me wages for 3 months in 2016.

does that effect my ILR? I was working for him but he didnt pay me any wages through PAYE. As i was in a process of changing my employer. that 3 months i was working for him just to help him document my work.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Tier 2 - 5 years route

Post by CR001 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:13 am

So were you only 'working' to avoid the gap of 60 days between leaving a job and making a new application???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Wed May 10, 2017 11:47 am

When was your last working day with your previous employer and then on what date did you apply for a new Tier 2 to start working with the new employer?

mspr335

Post by mspr335 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:13 am

did you receive your P45 from your old employer . when is the end date on P45 and have you applied with in 2 months of your employment end date .

1mm1bunny
Newly Registered

Post by 1mm1bunny » Tue May 16, 2017 8:24 am

my solicitor has told me a case she had before, same as yours. employer didn't pay tax for the employee for half a year. but at last, still got ILR (on the same day, no waiting).
The key is to be honest with Home Office, mention that in cover letter, don't wait for them to find out.
They shouldn't punish you for employer's mistake. but i assume you should pay back the tax now, to show you acknowledge this mistake and tried your best to correct it.
Get a good solicitor, those who doesn't scare you by saying ohhhh you are in big trouble..

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue May 16, 2017 9:05 am

CR001 wrote:So were you only 'working' to avoid the gap of 60 days between leaving a job and making a new application???
I'm guessing (as I believe CR001 has) that this isn't a 'mistake' by the employer, but that the OP worked without pay in order to convince the HO that there was no 60 day gap between employment.

@1mm1bunny Pay back what tax? The OP didn't earn anything. i.e he worked for 'free' as a favour to his ex-employer. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

priya_grg44
Newly Registered

uk spouse visa extension -5 year route

Post by priya_grg44 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:37 am

Hi there,
I am going to apply for my settlement visa extension next month. There are number of questions which I want to share so that I can get help from you. Originally, I am from Nepal and my husband is a British citizen. I haven't been away from this country for more than 2 years. My first question is, do I still need to do TB test? Secondly, to show the genuine relationship, what sorts of documents we need to submit>? Does it includes photographs? Finally, I am with the same employer for more than 6 months. However, my husband changed his job in feb 2017 but he immediately join another organization. So,in this case which category should be chosen, category A or B?
Thank you

Casa

Re: uk spouse visa extension -5 year route

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:44 am

priya_grg44 wrote:Hi there,
I am going to apply for my settlement visa extension next month. There are number of questions which I want to share so that I can get help from you. Originally, I am from Nepal and my husband is a British citizen. I haven't been away from this country for more than 2 years. My first question is, do I still need to do TB test? Secondly, to show the genuine relationship, what sorts of documents we need to submit>? Does it includes photographs? Finally, I am with the same employer for more than 6 months. However, my husband changed his job in feb 2017 but he immediately join another organization. So,in this case which category should be chosen, category A or B?
Thank you
You've tagged your post on to the end of a thread that has no relevance to your question. Please open your own topic in the Immigration for Family Members sub-forum and post there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.