ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General ILR) -- request your feeback

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iubus2005

Tier 1 (General ILR) -- request your feeback

Post by iubus2005 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi all experts,
I am planning to apply for ILR as a Tier 1 General holder in June and am preparing for the same. I had a few questions on how to fill the form properly (Sorry for the long post. Hope people can understand my nervousness in this important step):
1) Section 6: Immigration History: Question 6.1: When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK?
What date is the right one to mention here? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based:

I got my first Tier 1 General visa in 2010, and did come to UK right away. However, my continuous residency broke. I want to claim ILR based on my entry in UK in May 2012. The question is, should I answer this question with date from April 2010 or May 2012?

2) Section 1, Applicant Details: Question 10: Home Office Reference: What should I fill here? I don't have a reference number. Should I fill the number for my biometric card ?

3) Section 5: Home and Finances -- Question 5.3: Are you working in the UK?
I recently started working for an international company that needs me to be in Austria from Monday to Friday. We (I and my family are resident in UK). So, how should I answer this question? The confusion is related to next part of question 5.3 i.e. . It only asks you to provide pay details "If So" (i.e. only if you are working in UK). Unless I enter the pay details, I will not be able to justify how we take care of expenses (specially related to rent etc. that I filled in question 5.1 and 5.2). I have enough income, just don't know how to show it here in this section.

4) Section 5: Home and Finances -- Question 5.6: Related to above question, 5.6 only allows you to show details of income already shown in answer to questions 5.3

5) Section 6: Immigration History: Question 6.2: Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application
I have many trips and the whole list will not fit in the table of absences in the form. For additional absences, do people use the same format as this table? I have seen some very elaborate formats on this forum that have more columns (including calculation of absent days). Which is the right one to use? Also, in this table, should I list the trips where I leave on one day and come back on next day (resulting in “zero” days of absence)?

6) Section 6: Immigration History: Question 6.3: What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
Which box do I check if I have to write a personal letter as evidence of absences from the UK? I don’t think my absences are related to “compelling and compassionate” reasons. It was more holidays and visiting family while I was still looking for work in UK. Even under “Other”, the box says that only the evidence of compelling or compassionate reasons must be listed in this box.

Is there any recommended format of personal letter anyone can share to explain my non-work related absences? Essentially, I have taken a few trips while I did not have any UK based work. For these, I am planning to write personal letter.

7) Section 6: Immigration History: Question 6.12: Please give the dates of any absences spent outside of the Crown dependencies (Isle of Man and the Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey) and the UK.
Do I need to repeat the whole list of absences from UK again under this question? (Since the question asks for absences from both Crown Dependencies and UK)

8) For my Austrian earnings, do I need to get the evidence documents translated in English? (Oh what a pain. It is all in German!!!)

Thank you for all your help and I really appreciate your time!
Cheers.

iubus2005

Re: Tier 1 (General ILR) -- request your feeback

Post by iubus2005 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:10 am

Hi experts,
Awaiting your help with baited breath! Any pointers will be very helpful.

iubus2005

Post by iubus2005 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi All,
Anyone? Really need your help so I can fill the application and prepare for the appointment. Can someone please help?

iubus2005

Post by iubus2005 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi guys,
Almost 300 views, and no response. I hope someone has gone through the same process of filing the forms and can help advise. Please help! It is becoming urgent now for me to get ready with the application.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:23 pm

iubus2005 wrote:Hi guys,
Almost 300 views, and no response. I hope someone has gone through the same process of filing the forms and can help advise. Please help! It is becoming urgent now for me to get ready with the application.

Thank you.
Your initial post is so long, it puts members off. Many of your questions are answered in the guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iubus2005

Post by iubus2005 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi CR001,
I totally understand it is a very long post -- I wanted to post one post, instead of multiple posts and tried to combine it all into one. I have gone through the guidance notes (both here on the forum and the official notes) and still have these questions / confusions. Is it possible to get some help, please? Most of these should have very short answers.

Thank you.

iubus2005

SET(O) ILR Form Question 6.1

Post by iubus2005 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 pm

I tried a longer post. However, on recommendation of CR001, I am trying again with shorter posts on specific questions.

Question 6.1: When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK?
This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based:

I got my first Tier 1 General visa in April 2010, and did come to UK right away. However, my continuous residency broke. I want to claim ILR based on my entry in UK in May 2012. Should I answer this question with date from April 2010 or May 2012?

iubus2005

SET (O) ILR Form Question 5.3 and Question 5.6

Post by iubus2005 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:51 pm

I recently started working for an international company that needs me to be in Austria from Monday to Friday. We (I and my family are resident in UK). So, how should I answer this question? The confusion is related to next part of question 5.3 i.e. . It only asks you to provide pay details "If So" (i.e. only if you are working in UK). Unless I enter the pay details, I will not be able to justify how we take care of expenses (specially related to rent etc. that I filled in question 5.1 and 5.2). I have enough income, just don't know how to show it here in this section.

4) Section 5: Home and Finances -- Question 5.6: Related to above question, 5.6 only allows you to show details of income already shown in answer to questions 5.3

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iubus2005

Post by iubus2005 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi CR001,
Sorry, I did not want to cause confusion but I am not getting any responses. How else may I proceed to get better responses.
To some, they may be minor questions. To me, they are getting more urgent and critical as my deadline is coming up soon.

E44302

Post by E44302 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:37 am

Hi all experts,
I am planning to apply for ILR as a Tier 1 General holder in June and am preparing for the same. I had a few questions on how to fill the form properly (Sorry for the long post. Hope people can understand my nervousness in this important step):
1) Section 6: Immigration History: Question 6.1: When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK?
What date is the right one to mention here? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based:

I got my first Tier 1 General visa in 2010, and did come to UK right away. However, my continuous residency broke. I want to claim ILR based on my entry in UK in May 2012. The question is, should I answer this question with date from April 2010 or May 2012?

I think since your continuous period broke and the qualifying 5 year period starts from May 2012 till 2017, you should answer this based on the date you entered in May, 2012

2) Section 1, Applicant Details: Question 10: Home Office Reference: What should I fill here? I don't have a reference number. Should I fill the number for my biometric card ?

In section 1, There is a separate field (1.12) below to enter the BRP reference number. HO reference number (1.10) is something which you may have got previously during your extensions. Once you get the approval for your extension from HO, you must have got a letter with a reference number on top. This is the number you need to put here. I did the same. I assume you must have applied for 2 extensions for Tier 1 General to complete the 5 years as you entered in the last year of the first 3 year period.

I would think since you are being paid for work overseas which is essentially a job here in the UK, you can convert the cash currency to equivalent GBP currency. Additionally you also need to enter the information and source of earnings in section 9 A. I think HO will understand that anyways. I will still wait for the senior members to comment on this.

5.6 is not applicable to Tier 1 General route. If you read the information below the public funds checkboxes section, it clearly says the 5 boxes need to be completed for work permit holder, tier 2, etc.

5) Section 6: Immigration History: Question 6.2: Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application
I have many trips and the whole list will not fit in the table of absences in the form. For additional absences, do people use the same format as this table? I have seen some very elaborate formats on this forum that have more columns (including calculation of absent days). Which is the right one to use? Also, in this table, should I list the trips where I leave on one day and come back on next day (resulting in “zero” days of absence)?

You should use the same table. Other table format can be used in your cover letter (if you choose to submit one) to sum up all absences. I think all trips which require you to have a stamp in your passport leave and come back would require you to have them mentioned. In fact I would say you should provide a cover letter in order to explain these things as if you are going for a PEO a case worker would understand the case much better.

6) Section 6: Immigration History: Question 6.3: What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
Which box do I check if I have to write a personal letter as evidence of absences from the UK? I don’t think my absences are related to “compelling and compassionate” reasons. It was more holidays and visiting family while I was still looking for work in UK. Even under “Other”, the box says that only the evidence of compelling or compassionate reasons must be listed in this box.

You need to check the first box which says Letter(s) from employer detailing reasons for work related absences.. .

Is there any recommended format of personal letter anyone can share to explain my non-work related absences? Essentially, I have taken a few trips while I did not have any UK based work. For these, I am planning to write personal letter.

Format I used for my PEO last week:

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to confirm that Mr. xxxxx (employee number xxxx) began permanent employment with us on (date) as (designation) and remains a permanent employee of ours today.
During his employment with us, he went on Annual leaves (work related in your case?) on the following occasions.

Dates | Number of days out of UK | Reason

From xxx | xxx | xxxxx
To xxxx

While on Annual Leave, he was still on UK payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in his UK bank account.
Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office on +xxxxxxxxx

Yours faithfully

xxxxxx
UK Human Resources

7) Section 6: Immigration History: Question 6.12: Please give the dates of any absences spent outside of the Crown dependencies (Isle of Man and the Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey) and the UK.
Do I need to repeat the whole list of absences from UK again under this question? (Since the question asks for absences from both Crown Dependencies and UK)
No, leave this blank. I didnt fill this in

8) For my Austrian earnings, do I need to get the evidence documents translated in English? (Oh what a pain. It is all in German!!!)
I think it would be better. Better to be safe. They can simply say we need to verify this and then ask you to send the translated documents again and this will cause delay in process. Specially if you are going for PEO, get this done. I would suggest also get a letter from employer so that it shows all your earnings over the 12 months

Thank you for all your help and I really appreciate your time!
Cheers.

iubus2005

Post by iubus2005 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi E44302,
Wow, thank you so much for the answers (I know it was a paind to read my long post).Just one more follow-up question about the format of letter for absences. I have the format and letter from employers. I was looking for format of letter for personal absences when I was not employed in UK.

E44302

Post by E44302 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:47 am

Hmm, well I have not used any separate format. I explained all the leaves in a cover letter
in a tabular format one after the other in a sequence. They were all the days I had spent outside the UK. The dates for each of them, the number of days and the reason.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:37 pm

iubus2005 wrote:Hi E44302,
Wow, thank you so much for the answers (I know it was a paind to read my long post).Just one more follow-up question about the format of letter for absences. I have the format and letter from employers. I was looking for format of letter for personal absences when I was not employed in UK.
The
There is no 'one size fits all' format letter. Simply state the absence and 'annual leave', ideally this should be included in your employer absence letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)