ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form Queries under Section 1(3) for Child.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

E44302

MN1 Form Queries under Section 1(3) for Child.

Post by E44302 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am

Hello Friends,

I have recently been granted ILR.

I was looking at the MN1 form for my child born here in the UK. I got the ILR after he was born. I have not applied for any passport for him yet, basically he does not have any passport at the moment. I am applying directly for the BC. He was never out of the UK after his birth. He has not got any BRP card etc.

My questions are on the different Sections in the MN1 form and which am I supposed to fill?
Section 1 - Personal Information - Completed.
Section 2 - Residence Requirements - Not sure
Section 3 - Parents residence in the UK or British Overseas Territory where applicable - Not sure
Section 4 - Good Character requirement - Not applicable
Section 5 - Referees and Identity - Completed.
Section 6 - Biometric Enrollment - Completed.
Section 7 - Consent to the application - Not applicable
Section 8 - Declaration - Completed.

Can you folks please help me with this? Section 2 and Section 3 are something which I didnt quite understand. Section 2 first talks about the date and place of first arrival of child? Well he was born here. Not sure whether that means his Date of birth or date of arrival into the country.

Thanks in advance

E44302

Re: MN1 Form Queries under Section 1(3) for Child.

Post by E44302 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:14 am

Ok I searched a few queries and found that Section 3 is not applicable.
In section 2 just fill in details from 2.2 to 2.4

E44302

Post by E44302 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:23 pm

E44302 wrote:Ok I searched a few queries and found that Section 3 is not applicable.
In section 2 just fill in details from 2.2 to 2.4
Also need to complete Section 7

abmnerang

Post by abmnerang » Wed May 17, 2017 9:02 pm

As per my knowledge and few of my friends actually applied for the British Passport directly without natuaralisation. Their scenario was as below

Child born in UK
Father/Mother got ILR after the child was born

They applied for British passport directly and got for their son.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:22 pm

abmnerang wrote:As per my knowledge and few of my friends actually applied for the British Passport directly without natuaralisation. Their scenario was as below

Child born in UK

This is not possible as the child would NOT have been British if parents got ILR after child was born. Such children have to be REGISTERED as British (adults are naturalised). ONLY a British citizen can apply for a British passport. Such a passport, if issued in error, can and often is revoked/withdrawn/cancelled. So unless your 'friends' want to post their 'success(?)', please do not give incorrect information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

E44302

Post by E44302 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:48 am

@abmnerang, i dont think they can do that. I think you need to check with them again.
As CR001 has pointed it out, this is a 2 stage process for kids born to parents before they got their ILR.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat May 27, 2017 4:35 am

abmnerang wrote:As per my knowledge and few of my friends actually applied for the British Passport directly without natuaralisation. Their scenario was as below

Child born in UK

Except that this doesn't make the child a British citizen- simply a non-citizen with a British passport that could be revoked, or refused renewal, any time. If this is really the case and there's not some other circumstance that applies, it would normally be recommended that they proceed with Home Office registration under section 1(3) of the 1981 Act as soon as possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.