ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian government are liars

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

radox
Newly Registered

Australian government are liars

Post by radox » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:28 am

I moved to Australia for a better quality of life for my family from England instead I have found out the Australian government and other department within have lied to me.

My TRA was done and passed and I was told I can work in my proffession telecomms, fibre optic, broadband engineering when I arrive in Australia with no problems.
Good I thought this is it so off we went to Australia only to find that there are no worthwhile jobs in the telecom industry in fact they were making people redundant, plus if I wanted to work in the industry I would have to go to tafe (college) to gain the cabling licence and telecoms licence and security clearences required to work in the industry that I would have to pay for myself and which I was not told about.
The only work I could do was factory or labouring work which is very hard to get as they all kept saying I was over qualified for the jobs and I would be leaving at the earliest oppertunity.

I also found that the Australian people are very arrogant and self opinionated and overly paranoid about everything.

The quality of goods is very poor the cheap tacky stuff coming out of china at the moment (which I might add is getting better all the time) is of better quality then Australian made.

The roads are of sub standard and unsafe. The traffic police are a bunch of retards, Speed limits set so low you can walk faster, The standard of Australian driving is outstandingly crap and they should be banned from the roads until they are trained properly.

My advise to anyone is to treat Australia as a holiday home as that is all it usefull for.

Well guess what Australia you can stick your drowt ridden country along with the flies and dust where the sun dont shine as I am out of here

Jeff Albright

Re: Australian government are liars

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:02 pm

radox wrote:I moved to Australia for a better quality of life for my family from England instead I have found out the Australian government and other department within have lied to me.
It is not true. The Government simply granted you the permission to enter and settle on their territory. If you read the grant letter it literally says that "visa holders are reminded that neither the decision to grant visas nor the acceptance of any qualifications for migration purposes provides any guarantee of employment in Australia. Employment opportunities in some occupations are limited. Registration and licensing requirements for particular occupations vary between States and Territories and may change"
It is up to the residents to adjust to a new life, find a job and get on with their careers. If the opportunities are limited, then you might find them better in other countries or obtain another profession more in demand in AU.
The only work I could do was factory or labouring work which is very hard to get as they all kept saying I was over qualified for the jobs...
Correct. It is like this everywhere you go, I have had problems with this in the UK.
I also found that the Australian people are very arrogant and self opinionated and overly paranoid about everything.
Although it sounds quite harsh but I tend to agree to this somewhat. Some people are very arrogant, some of them are even more arrogant than in the UK. Many have the same kind of UK-type attitude and conceit, especially new generation of Australians, who came from the UK but were not born here. However, this arrogance is also quite common in the UK.
If this does affect you, you might consider Canada and perhaps the United States where people are a lot friendlier but also bear in mind that life in the States is much harder than in Australia.

The quality of goods is very poor the cheap tacky stuff coming out of china at the moment (which I might add is getting better all the time) is of better quality then Australian made.
Disagree to that. You choose yourself what you want. Food, for example, is a lot tastier, healthier and better quality than in the UK, although more expensive. Australian made goods are generally of high quality.
The roads are of sub standard and unsafe.
This is a lie. The roads are of very high quality. The road signs could sometimes be better and more informative, though.
Speed limits set so low you can walk faster
Speed limits are there for safety. You can still drive up to 10% over the speed limit with no worries. You can drive 121 km/h on country roads, which is close to 70 mph in the UK.
The standard of Australian driving is outstandingly crap and they should be banned from the roads until they are trained properly.
Sheer rubbish. I have been driving for 4 months already and drivers are a lot more respectful than those in the UK.
Well guess what Australia you can stick your drowt ridden country along with the flies and dust where the sun dont shine as I am out of here
If you do not like it, no one is holding you here - the road is open for you to any country you want.

radox
Newly Registered

Post by radox » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:16 pm

Enjoy Australia mate, you deserve it and all it is about to throw at you.

Jon_H

Re: Australian government are liars

Post by Jon_H » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:44 pm

Jeff Albright wrote:I have been driving for 4 months already and drivers are a lot more respectful than those in the UK.
You have to admit though Jeff... Perth commuters can't get their heads around the concept of merging traffic. Coming onto the Kwinana Freeway heading South from the City used to do my head in. Then again that was about the only place I used to find much of a traffic jam.. :)

I have no sympathy for people who hold unrealistic expectations. There really are a few things you should do before you move to a new country.

1) Visit for more than a week or two. Go shopping, look at property. Work out what you can afford.

2) Look at job adverts, see what you are likely to earn. Are there many jobs? Will you need further Qualificatons? Speak to some agencies and see how keen they are to talk to you. If they are not interested in you then take this on board.

3) Think very seriously about how much you will miss your friends, family, the pub or anything else you do regularly, the green and wet countryside (mind you there is always that place up at Araluen if you like green valleys full of flora). Things are different in other countries and will take some gettin gused to.

4) Are you going to get on with the people? If you don't like confident (arrogant) people, and will take offence at being called a winging Pom, then move to Canada. Seriously. Had this guy been to Oz before? If you are not confident in yourself then it can be hard.

Aussie Bob
Newly Registered

Hey Steady on

Post by Aussie Bob » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:35 am

Well just like anywhere else in the World, some people like it and some people don't. Australia is no different, good points bad points. You have to do your research and decide for yourself. Had you been there before you decided to migrate?

Yea there's been a drought and that's made things difficult for many in vast area's of Australia. But people cope with that by adjusting and being more conscious about water.

As for driving, please leave that alone, you only have to walk down a street let alone a motorway or main road in the UK to find lunatics drivng at mad crazy speeds. The driving thing is everywhere, that's not just an Aussie problem. Whilst you can do the arrogance thing in Tokyo, London, Sydney, or Paris, point is that's a Universal thing too.

Where I sympathise with you is on the work point. That's a tough shout mate and I hope you can get yourself sorted out when you go back to the UK. I agree with you on the work point, work is very tight in many industries in Oz, except mining. Even the Construction industry is struggling now.

But you seem to have made your mind up, so Good luck to you back in England. At least you can say you gave it a go, tried it didn't like it and came home. No shame in that. All the best to you and your family.
BOB

Atasas

Post by Atasas » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:50 pm

Hmmm... national stereotypes... hope only just???
I have began a reaserch as to ehre migrate and Oz seemd to be quite high on the list :roll: dunno now...
Anything said in frank fassion about Oz that would be continiuation?
Thanks!

EU_Patriot
Newly Registered

Complainer

Post by EU_Patriot » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:42 am

There's no use complaining, I am from the EU myself and I have lived in the UK and I could say that UK is not a good place to live myself. It seems like the usual British arrogance that I come across. I just dont like people complaining about countries, you wanted to go to Australia obviously you made that choice with your family cause you believed it was high on your list then you suddenly dont like Australia for its issues and I might add its issues that I have too encountered in the UK. So please stop with the complaining and do something about it. We are encountering one of the worst financial crises situations since the Great Depression, so what do you expect in having not find the dream job. Obviously it could called 'lying' but its lying that could save you time, stress, and effort.