ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR START DATE AND IN PERSON APPLICATION

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cardsman
Newly Registered

ILR START DATE AND IN PERSON APPLICATION

Post by cardsman » Thu May 25, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi,

I have a few queries on the ILR application for Tier 2, as follows:

1. My Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa which I held before moving to Tier 2 General was to expire on 28 August 2012. Tier 2 application was submitted almost a month before that via postal option but when the Tier 2 Visa was issued its date on the BRP Card was 10 October 2012. My first question is that what date would my Tier 2 leave be considered as started (is it 28/29 August or 10 October)
2. Can I apply for an in person application 28 days before completion of my 5 year period?
3. Lastly and most importantly, my wife and son had to make 2 trips back to our home country which were more than 90 days, actually the first one in 2013 was a week or two more than 6 months whereas the other one in 2016 lasted for almost 5 months. The reason for the extended trip in 2013 was that my wife had a few complications at the time of my son's birth in 2013 and to allow her to recover and get support from her family I had no option but to let her stay back. Would this impact the prospects for her getting ILR when she completes her 5 years as a Tier 2 dependant later in the year?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR START DATE AND IN PERSON APPLICATION

Post by iworker » Fri May 26, 2017 9:30 am

1 10 oct
2 yes. 28 days before 10 oct
3. no problem.