ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2- are there maximum days I can travel out of UK?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ac44
Newly Registered

Tier 2- are there maximum days I can travel out of UK?

Post by Ac44 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:34 pm

I'm an American tier 2 worker in the U.K. I have been traveling just to travel to Europe/elsewhere during my 1.5years here so far, of course while still working my contracted hours. That's why I moved here...to trave! My sponsor is now saying they need all of my travel history since the beginning of the year and will need to be notified of my future travels abroad. When I asked if I have a maximum amount of days I can travel in a year, my sponsor said 28 days! Now that seems very short to me! I mean I'm traveling on an American passport! And my BRP is within date and I'm working my contracted hours. Can anyone give me any info if this is true? Thanks!!!

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2- are there maximum days I can travel out of UK?

Post by paradoxical » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:18 pm

Your employer is not correct about 28 days period. However, your employer should know of any absences outside the UK and they are definitely right in asking to be notified (in fact, they have probably not been been fulfilling their obligations as a sponsor if they weren't aware of you going outside the UK).
The rule of 28 days is about leave without pay. Your leave without pay cannot exceed 28 days in a calendar year. However, you can be outside the UK for extended period if this is part of your annual holiday allowance or if the absence is work-related (which means that you are continuously employed and not on leave without pay). And in this case, you can actually be away for up to two years!
Check the section "Absences from the UK" on page 56 in the Tier 2 Policy Guidance herehttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04_17.pdf.