ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences letter from employer - urgent query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arunfruity

Absences letter from employer - urgent query

Post by arunfruity » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:06 am

Dear Gurus,

I have benefited many times from your advice and i am in need of another urgent query regarding absences letter from employer for ILR application .

1. Is the letter compulsory ? even if the absences is well within 180 days limit and under allowable anuual holidays ?

2. if the answer to above question is 'yes' then does the employer need to give a letter explaining the holiday dates ? eg. I visited 2 european countries using my annual holidays in 2016 in this instance what should an employer do ?

Please help ! This is urgent as I have my appointment in 2 weeks time.

Thanks in Advance
Arun
Arun

E44302

Re: Absences letter from employer - urgent query

Post by E44302 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:10 am

arunfruity wrote:Dear Gurus,

I have benefited many times from your advice and i am in need of another urgent query regarding absences letter from employer for ILR application .

1. Is the letter compulsory ? even if the absences is well within 180 days limit and under allowable anuual holidays ? Yes

2. if the answer to above question is 'yes' then does the employer need to give a letter explaining the holiday dates ? eg. I visited 2 european countries using my annual holidays in 2016 in this instance what should an employer do ?

If the 2 visits were at 2 different time last year, then yes you should explain them separately. If the 2 visits were together, you can simply state you were on a vacation\holiday. There is no need to explain the countries visited during one holiday.

Letter Format I used for my PEO:

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to confirm that Mr. xxxxx (employee number xxxx) began permanent employment with us on (date) as (designation) and remains a permanent employee of ours today.
During his employment with us, he went on Annual leaves on the following occasions.

Dates | Number of days out of UK | Reason

From xxx | xxx | xxxxx
To xxxx

While on Annual Leave, he was still on UK payroll and was paying NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in his UK bank account.
Should you require any further information please feel free to contact this office on +xxxxxxxxx

Yours faithfully

xxxxxx
UK Human Resources

Please help ! This is urgent as I have my appointment in 2 weeks time.

Thanks in Advance
Arun

arunfruity

Post by arunfruity » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks for ur reply. I will prepare my docs accordingly. :)
Arun

tharuinf
Newly Registered
India

Post by tharuinf » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi ,
I am applying ILR through tier 2 route n two weeks time.As i should get the absence letter from employer i am confused about dates.

My question is in set(o) form i entered dates based on my passport entries.What dates should my employer state in letter?

The dates which i mentioned in set(o) form ?
(or)
The dates they granted leave?

(i travelled only on annual paid holidays granted by employer but my date of left and returned uk were mostly on weekends and on bank holidays..)

should be the date in set(o) form must be same in employer absence letter?

please help me i am really confused..

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:22 pm

tharuinf wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:48 pm
Hi ,
I am applying ILR through tier 2 route n two weeks time.As i should get the absence letter from employer i am confused about dates.

My question is in set(o) form i entered dates based on my passport entries.What dates should my employer state in letter?

The dates which i mentioned in set(o) form ?
(or)
The dates they granted leave?

(i travelled only on annual paid holidays granted by employer but my date of left and returned uk were mostly on weekends and on bank holidays..)

should be the date in set(o) form must be same in employer absence letter?

please help me i am really confused..
Yes, the letter should clealry mention the dates you've put in the SET O form. Remember date of exit and entry is not considered day outisde the UK.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

tharuinf
Newly Registered
India

Post by tharuinf » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Thanks a lot makky86..

And one more question,

as u said do i need to add a column for total no of days absent for each year without including entry and exit dates n employment letter?..

do the caseworker question how the employer knows the date of entry and exit from uk ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:55 pm

do the caseworker question how the employer knows the date of entry and exit from uk ?
No.

Don't confuse counting the days out of the UK with what your employer has to state in the letter. They are two separate things.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tharuinf
Newly Registered
India

Post by tharuinf » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks croo1..its really helpful..

I will better not put the total no of days in employment absence letter and stick with dates in set(o) form...