ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance on 50k visa route

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahmed_2017
Newly Registered

Guidance on 50k visa route

Post by ahmed_2017 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Guys, will appreciate some guidance on the 50k route. It seems that one of the option under the 50K route is that if i have already 50k invested in UK in a business (in last 12 months).

Can someone please advise how I can invest 50K without being a resident? Anyone with first hand experience or knowledge?

marcnath

Re: Guidance on 50k visa route

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:26 pm

There are no major restrictions to foreign investment in an UK company.
You can register a company in the UK and invest money while you are still overseas without any issues.
Opening a UK Bank account may be a bit more difficult but not wholly impossible.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ahmed_2017
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_2017 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Interesting point, thank you for your reply.

I will like to explore this option further (i.e. investing 50k and then applying under tier 1) Does anyone have first hand experience or knowledge how this would work in terms of steps involved and timing? Can the funds be invested in a ongoing business? Shall i own 100% equity in the business?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Are you even eligible to apply under 50K ?? Have your read the official guide ??
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ahmed_2017
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_2017 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:40 pm

With reference to the link: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds
"You can apply if you have access to £50,000 in investment funds from one or more of the following:

1. a UK entrepreneurial seed funding competition endorsed by the Department for International Trade (DIT)
2. a UK government department making funds available for the purpose of setting up or expanding a UK business
3. a venture capital firm registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply"
I don't qualify for 1,2 or 3. It is the last sentence in the above para (i.e. already invested 50k in a UK business) that I am interested in exploring/understanding more as my source of investment would be my own funds. So the key question is: Can investing 50K or plus though my own funds in a UK business make me eligible for applying under 50k option?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:37 am

ahmed_2017 wrote:With reference to the link: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds
"You can apply if you have access to £50,000 in investment funds from one or more of the following:

1. a UK entrepreneurial seed funding competition endorsed by the Department for International Trade (DIT)
2. a UK government department making funds available for the purpose of setting up or expanding a UK business
3. a venture capital firm registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business. You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply"
I don't qualify for 1,2 or 3. It is the last sentence in the above para (i.e. already invested 50k in a UK business) that I am interested in exploring/understanding more as my source of investment would be my own funds. So the key question is: Can investing 50K or plus though my own funds in a UK business make me eligible for applying under 50k option?
You still need the funds from 1,2 or 3. All it means is that you can either have access to or have already invested.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:50 pm

If you read the guide you understand that you cannot use your own 50K to claim investment under Tier 1E :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ahmed_2017
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed_2017 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Thanks marcnath.