ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The payslip doesnot show the hours and rate

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

invest
Newly Registered

The payslip doesnot show the hours and rate

Post by invest » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi Zimba. I have teir 1Ent 200K and later i am going to apply for extension. Now i have 4 full time and 3 part time employees from the last one year, As i have a restaurant Lounge Bar in London. Just now i has seen that last year my accountant was submitting payslips for some of my full time staff who worked 132 hours per month @rate of 7.20 per hour. He just write gross pay 950 pounds monthly and did not mention number of hours and rate per hour. Now 1 staff left after 5 months. The other left after 8 months but the accountant has put on his last month his payslip number of hours and rate per hr. The 3rd one is still working with me and the accountant is making his payslips for the last 3 months with hourly rate and number of hours 130 but his 10 months payslips are just 950 gross, no mention of hours. His new payslips show rate 7.2( 7.5 now living wage) per hour and 132 hours a month. Now what is the solution for these my 3 full time employees. I have their wage slips with 950 per month showing. should i tell my accountant to write with pen the hours and rate on the wage slip and sign and stamp as he is the one who is preparing my payroll every month. He cannot change with HMRC now. Thank God i can qualify for the 2 employees for a year with my other employees to score points. What is your advice for other 3 full time employees, what can i submit to prove they worked 130 hours and at 7.20 hourly rate Please.

2nd Question. When i started my business my old accountant submitted my payslips for 2 months. He gave me report P11 Deduction Card(NIC Details) which show the date of joining for my staff. Would that be fine for the proof of start date please?

zimba
Mood:

Re: The payslip doesnot show the hours and rate

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:17 pm

You do not need to show hours worked or hourly rate on a payslip. You can get a letter from your accountant however rules do not require this.
2nd Question. When i started my business my old accountant submitted my payslips for 2 months. He gave me report P11 Deduction Card(NIC Details) which show the date of joining for my staff. Would that be fine for the proof of start date please?
No. Only FPS is accepted.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:45 am

invest wrote:Thank God i can qualify for the 2 employees for a year with my other employees to score points. What is your advice for other 3 full time employees, what can i submit to prove they worked 130 hours and at 7.20 hourly rate Please.
Congratulations on your good business. You need to only submit evidence that is the minimum needed. So, just provide the paperwork for the two employees which are all in order. There is no advantage in submitting additional information.

There were lot of things in your post and you seemed to indicate that you have paid less than the minimum wage. If that is indeed the case, you should correct that with HMRC as soon as possible by giving back pay to your employees. While it has no direct impact on the points for employment creation, you may be in breach of general conditions if it is not fixed.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

invest
Newly Registered

Post by invest » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:23 pm

I always paid to my employees more than minimum wage. you have misunderstanding

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:32 pm

invest wrote:I always paid to my employees more than minimum wage. you have misunderstanding
Great. And apologies if I misread your remarks..
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

invest
Newly Registered

Post by invest » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:52 pm

zimba88 wrote:You do not need to show hours worked or hourly rate on a payslip. You can get a letter from your accountant however rules do not require this.
No. Only FPS is accepted.

Thankyou very much Zimba. I am thinking an evening with you and moderators team dinner & Drinks at my venue Mehran Lounge. You guys will be my guest.