ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February EC applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Please post in this thread if you have applied for EC on February 2008.

antouk

Submitted yesterday(6/feb)

Post by antouk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:34 am

Hi all,

I submitted my EC application at VFS, Chennai, India today(6/feb). I went to VFS office at 8:15am. Not much of crowd, i was attended in 15 minutes time(that was pretty quick :D ). After taking all the documents, that VFS representative asked for 10th and 12th marksheets, i said i didnt submit it for HSMP aproval :cry: . But she insisted that it wud be highly advisable to submit 10th 12th marksheets. I agreed to bring it, so she organized all the documents in some order, put a clip and gave it to me back. She also gave me a checklist of the copies of the docs to be submitted. I came back home, took the marksheets, went at 11am again and submitted the docs. Another 30-45min waiting time, after collecting everything she put all the docs in a cover and directed me to Bio-booth(fingerprint scanning). Thats another 5min.
And thats it.
I think she felt ok with all my docs except that 10th and 12th marksheets.
I sumitted following docs:
1.VAF2 form+copy
2.Integra form+copy
3.HSMP points proforma+copy
4.HSMP Approval letter
5. All docs sent for HSMP
6. Passport + copy(allpages)
7. Photo(when i took the photo near my house, that guy had templates for all the countries inluding UK. i think the specification is 45*35)
Current employment details(sal slips, bank statements, offer letter)
8.All experience letters.
9. Copy of Masters degree certificate + marksheet
10. 10th and 12th marksheets
11. Proof of hotel booking
12. Details of job hunt.
13. DD for INR 17000
14. Asset letter from CA + mutual fund statements, share holding statements,bank statements(already given) for liquid funds.Totally i showed 6000 pounds, but i think this much is not required, 3000 wud suffice.

Lessons learnt: take all possible documents , coz it ate my 3hrs of precious time :cry: , never mind its a learning afterall :D

Any one needs suggestions pls msg me, i wud guide u to my knowledge.

So to startwith, here are my timelines:
Applied On : 6-feb
Applied From : Chennai VFS (india)
Integra Verification: Due
Final Status : Waiting

tanup
Newly Registered

Post by tanup » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:20 am

Hi,

I have applied for EC yesterday for both myself and my husband. I have mentioned about my and my husbands work experience int he covering letter and attached our CVs but have not submitted job search results.

VFS person asked me if I have any search results and I told no. I aksed her if she need them so that I can sumbit them again, then she replied its not mandatory.

Applied On : 6-feb
Applied From : Bangalore VFS (india)
Final Status : Waiting

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:41 am

Hi,

My experience is exactly the same as antouk. Even I did not take my 10th & 12th mark sheets. So the guy at the counter put everything in order and asked me to get my 10th & 12th mark sheet and also previous experience letter copies. So after 1 hr, I went back and thankfully I didn't have to wait. The guy at the counter called me as soon as he finished whoever he was dealing with. He took all the documents, put a clip. I asked if I could submit a cover letter & cv, he agreed for it and also took those.

The other thing was he offered me a form where in my details where asked so that a Barclays executive could contact me for opening a Barclays bank account both in India (NRE Savings) and UK. I guess this was optional.

I sumitted following docs:
1.VAF2 form+copy
2.Integra form+copy
3.HSMP points proforma+copy
4.HSMP Approval letter
5. All docs sent for HSMP
6. Passport + copy(allpages)
7. Photo(specification is 45*35)
Current employment details(sal slips, bank statements, offer letter)
8.All experience letters.
9. Copy of Masters degree certificate + marksheet
10. 10th and 12th marksheets
11. Proof of accomodation- friend's tenancy agreement, driving license, bank statements, letter from him, his passport copy
12. Details of job hunt.
13. Reciept for INR 17000
14. Mutual fund statements and bank statements(already given) for liquid funds.Totally i showed 3000+ pounds
15. Cover letter
16. MY CV

hsmpapp

Documents required for EC

Post by hsmpapp » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:47 pm

Hi all,

I have HSMP approval dt: 22-10-2007 and planning to apply for Entry clearence in a week. I want to know which supporting documents to use for EC apart from the documents (sent earlier for HSMP). I currently dont have any job offer and planning to live with my relatives residing in london. How much bank balance i need to show ? Can anybody provide me a list of documents?

Waiting for early reply.
Regards,
Kanwal

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:01 pm

Kanwal,

Check the preceding posts on this same topic.

hsmpapp

Post by hsmpapp » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi arsenalsri,

Thanks for the response. I need some information on finance related requirements and specially on accomodation proof from my relative in london. I will be obliged if you can provide me some link or post topic on the letter format or list of docs.

Thanks,
Kanwal

maverick18

Submitted my EC application today

Post by maverick18 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi

I applied for EC today at Chennai-VFS along with my wife. I submitted almost the same list of docs mentioned by arsenalsri and antouk. Luckily, I had taken along my 10th and 12th marksheets. In addition, I also submitted the following to support my wife's application:

1. Original Marriage Certificate.
2. Wedding Invitation and photos
3. Gift certificate from mom and sis-in-law to explain recent bulk transactions in bank account
4. Copy of all stamped pages of passport
5. Copy of all employment related documents

I beleive the copies were requested to be forwarded to Integra.

I had already fixed an appointment at 11 AM and was called promptly at that time. But we took some time in filling up the integra form and other sections left blank in the application. By the time, I went to the counter it was 11:45. The VFS guy was asked for the documents in a particular order.

My timelines are
Applied On : 7-Feb-08
Applied From : Chennai VFS

hsmp_india_2008
Newly Registered

HSMP EC

Post by hsmp_india_2008 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to apply for EC in Bangalore next week. I have few queries, would appreciate your help in this regard.

I have got a job in UK and my employer in UK is arranging the accomodation for me.

1.What documents should I show as accomodation proof as my employer is arranging fo me.
2.I do not have enough money in my bank account, planning not to produce a CA certificate also. My employer in UK is sponsoring me, is it enough if I get a sponsorship letter from my employer.

Many Thanks

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi all,

Nice to have you in this thread...

This is Arun applied from Chennai on 7th Feb 2008. This is my second attempt for EC.

Lets hope for the best

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:27 pm

In my case, for integra screening I insisted to keep my 10th and 12th marklist but the guy in CFS saud with a smirk that its not needed.

Someone posted about job search proof I suppose... You can always send a fax of your job search to VFS and they will add it in ur file. Take this seriously and send 1 or 2 replies from UK consultants/employers.

tanup
Newly Registered

Post by tanup » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:48 am

arunsrec wrote: Someone posted about job search proof I suppose... You can always send a fax of your job search to VFS and they will add it in ur file. Take this seriously and send 1 or 2 replies from UK consultants/employers.

Hi,

when I asked the VFS person she told its not mandatory. But as I don't wnat to take a chance... shall i send them a mail first regarding addition of my job hunt results or I just need to Fax them.

Regards,
tanu

maverick18

Driving License

Post by maverick18 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:28 am

Did any of you submit your original Driving License? I offered to submit the original but the VFS officer insisted that a photocopy would suffice. I had submitted the original while applying for HSMP to show age proof.

tanup
Newly Registered

Post by tanup » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:00 am

I have submitted original driving license but VFS person didn't ask me about 10th and 12 certificates. I suppose VFS people does not have uniformity among themselves as to what documents are required.

siva81

EC submitted in Chennai on 07 Feb

Post by siva81 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:21 am

Hi all,

I have submited all documents for EC on 07 Feb.I went around 11 am and it took 2 hours to me to complete the process. They told that it will take minimum 20 working days. Waiting for reply . Please who applied 07 Feb post the updates.

Thanks,
Siva81

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:08 am

hsmpapp wrote:Hi arsenalsri,

Thanks for the response. I need some information on finance related requirements and specially on accomodation proof from my relative in london. I will be obliged if you can provide me some link or post topic on the letter format or list of docs.

Thanks,
Kanwal
Kanwal,

Hope this helps

http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/

hsmp_india_2008
Newly Registered

EC Application Next Week at Bangalore

Post by hsmp_india_2008 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:51 am

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to apply for EC next week in Bangalore, anyone else?

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:07 pm

Lets all wait for the EC then...

Its too early to check the status or mail VFS but let us not forget to get an update from 5th day if there is any interview scheduled for our case and from 10th day, a constant check in VFS site.

uk2008
Newly Registered

Post by uk2008 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi all,

I have doubt regarding salary slips. I applied for HSMP on 31st Dec 2007, and received approval on 8th Feb 2008. For HSMP I supplied signed salary slips.

But from Dec 2007, my company started providing computer generated payslips which has comment in botton that: "this is computer generated salary slip and does not need any sign", so in that case is it ok if I submit 2 salary slips of recent 2 months w/o any sign and stamp for EC application?

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:02 am

it is advisable to get it signed...

tanup
Newly Registered

Post by tanup » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:04 am

Hi all.. How r u doing?
no new applicants :?:

richie_rohan

Post by richie_rohan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:34 am

Hi All,
I am planning to apply for EC later this month.
I have few queries.
1) Can someone send me the link to get a good copy of 'Integra form'.
2) I have applied for HSMP with my UK salary slips from 01-Oct-06 to 30-Sep07. Since I return to India in Oct as my project got over and from Oct 08 I dont have any UK salary slips, so npw what are the number of indian salary slips I need to add when applying for EC i.e. 6 months or 3 months.
3) Can someone send me a sample copy of EC covering letter.

Regards,
Richie

tanup
Newly Registered

Post by tanup » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:21 am

gaugupta

Hi All

Post by gaugupta » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi All,

I have applied for EC on 7th Feb'2007 from VFS Bangalore. These is my second application as first one got rejected saying my payslips are produced.

Now lets see how it goes these time.

till now no Integra done for me

Thanks

Gaurav

arunsrec

Post by arunsrec » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Gaurav,

I am on the same boat as you are...Lets hope for the best atleast this time. :D