ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confusion with FPS REPORT AND FPS

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nbhatt

confusion with FPS REPORT AND FPS

Post by nbhatt » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi Guys I know FPS has been discussed in the past but my question is totally different please read it carefully before you comment.

I am aware that we are supposed to submit FPS, now if you check the guidance it clearly states FPS REPORT and on the application form it is FPS.

My question is are we supposed to submit FPS REPORT which is a report that shows the details of 12 months together on one page for e.g. tax , NI , gross salary , net salary etc

OR

MONTHLY FULL SUBMISSIONS as in submissions made in each month?

Please clarify. I've checked previous post somebody has submitted just one report that shows the details of 12 months together and some have submitted individual submissions.

marcnath

Re: confusion with FPS REPORT AND FPS

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:04 pm

The guidance is :

Printouts of Real Time Full Payment Submissions which confirm the report of PAYE income tax to HMRC

Submissions are always made before payment is made, so generally they are done monthly. So, clearly this refers to the Monthly submissions.

I don't see any reference to an FPS REPORT in the guidance - please copy and paste the relevant section here. I could not find it by searching for that term.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:37 pm

RTI is a software gateway system for real-time reporting of Payroll information to HMRC.
FPS is the actual data submitted to the RTI gateway by the payroll software.
FPS report is what some payroll software generates for YOU on the payroll data submitted to HMRC via RTI.

You are advised to submit the monthly software generated FPS reports to HO for your visa purposes.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Thanks Zimba . My accountant is unable to provide me with the monthly FPS so I am now using money soft to enter the details of my employees.
Can somebody please inform me how to enter the tax amount.

So for e.g when I enter the pay details of an employee it allows me to enter basic pay for e.g. 1100, NI gets deducted automatically but it doesn't deduct tax amount and therefore shows the incorrect net pay.

How can I deduct tax from basic pay? Do I need to do something when I add employee details because income tax column doesn't take any manual figure. Please help.

zimba88 wrote:RTI is a software gateway system for real-time reporting of Payroll information to HMRC.
FPS report is what some payroll software generates for YOU on the payroll data submitted to HMRC via RTI.

You are advised to submit the monthly software generated FPS reports to HO for your visa purposes.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:28 pm

108 VIEWS NO REPLY

nbhatt wrote:Thanks Zimba . My accountant is unable to provide me with the monthly FPS so I am now using money soft to enter the details of my employees.
Can somebody please inform me how to enter the tax amount.

So for e.g when I enter the pay details of an employee it allows me to enter basic pay for e.g. 1100, NI gets deducted automatically but it doesn't deduct tax amount and therefore shows the incorrect net pay.

How can I deduct tax from basic pay? Do I need to do something when I add employee details because income tax column doesn't take any manual figure. Please help.

zimba88 wrote:RTI is a software gateway system for real-time reporting of Payroll information to HMRC.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:37 pm

nbhatt wrote:108 VIEWS NO REPLY

The number of views has no relevance. It does not mean that everyone who sees your post is able to answer it.

Generally people in this Forum are very helpful, so recognise that if you have not got a reply, it is because they don't have an answer, not because they don't want to.

I have no idea of the moneysoft software, so I can't answer you.

But the best people to help you would be accountant or payroll service providers. If your current accountant can't help you, I am sure you should be able to find someone else that can.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

nbhatt

Post by nbhatt » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:05 pm

We need more people like Zimba please helpppppppppppppp

marcnath wrote:
nbhatt wrote:108 VIEWS NO REPLY

The number of views has no relevance. It does not mean that everyone who sees your post is able to answer it.

Generally people in this Forum are very helpful, so recognise that if you have not got a reply, it is because they don't have an answer, not because they don't want to.

But the best people to help you would be accountant or payroll service providers. If your current accountant can't help you, I am sure you should be able to find someone else that can.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:56 pm

You can change the firgures manually as far as I remember. Better seek help from the Moneysoft directly
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

schahzeb

Post by schahzeb » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:42 pm

108 VIEWS NO REPLY

also because those 108 people don't want to give you wrong info.. hope Zimba's was able to answer your question.