ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

parents are indian baby born in Uk requird visa or not ??

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waheguru
Newly Registered

parents are indian baby born in Uk requird visa or not ??

Post by waheguru » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi,
i recently received my enterprenuer extension and want to apply my 8 months old baby passport ! do my baby need visa or not ? bcoz if I AM GOING TO APPLY ILR AFTER TWO YEARS will they ask me that why you didnt apply visa after getting your extension !! we dont having planning to go outside uk !! i am also confuse about NHS SURCHARGRE is my baby is eligible for free NHS tratment or not !! plz suggest me

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: parents are indian baby born in Uk requird visa or not ?

Post by tier1in2014 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:08 pm

waheguru wrote:Hi,
i recently received my enterprenuer extension and want to apply my 8 months old baby passport ! do my baby need visa or not ? bcoz if I AM GOING TO APPLY ILR AFTER TWO YEARS will they ask me that why you didnt apply visa after getting your extension !! we dont having planning to go outside uk !! i am also confuse about NHS SURCHARGRE is my baby is eligible for free NHS tratment or not !! plz suggest me

You don't need to apply if you don't have any plan to travel out of uk until ILR .No need to pay IHS either if not applying for visa . I believe when you apply for ILR even that time no need to apply any visa for child as once you get ILR for child apply for British nationality .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

marcnath

Re: parents are indian baby born in Uk requird visa or not ?

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:16 pm

waheguru wrote:.No need to pay IHS either if not applying for visa .
There seems to be some uncertainty on this

The references I have found is :

If you give birth to a child in the UK, then your child will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who is ordinarily resident. Your child is covered until three months of age, but only if he/she hasn't left the UK during that period. You'll also need to meet one of the below criteria:
you have a valid visa of more than 6 months and paid the surcharge for that visa
you have a valid visa for more than 6 months, but were exempt from paying the surcharge
you have a valid visa for more than 6 months, which you applied for prior to April 6 2015
You should apply for a visa for your child during the three-month period after your child's birth. If required, you may have to pay the surcharge for your child. Failure to do so means you may be charged for NHS services provided for your child after the three-month period.

The best way to confirm is to use the IHS surcharge website (https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start), fill in your details and check directly.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.