ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa

Post by sprinter1967 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:29 am

Hi,

My partner needs to obtain an A1 IELTS for a fiance visa. She has asked me several questions most of which i can assist her with but could you help with the following;

1) She has her original birth certificate but will need an official stamp and English translation?

2) She needs to take her English test A1 and there are several different tests...is the one she requires life skills?

Many Thanks,

David

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance Visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:37 am

1. There is no requirement to submit her birth certificate. If she chooses to submit it, it must be officially translated into English. This is required for any document that is not in English.

2. She needs A1 SELT Consortium. You don't state which country she is applying from but the test must be from an HO approved test centre. See link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ebsite.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:34 am

Hi,

1) Thankyou.

She is applying in Guadaljara, Mexico she has sent me a screen shot of the IELTS test dates for UK Visa applications which shows;

1) IELTS Test dates for visa applications with modules only marked Acedemic or general training.

2) IELTS Life Skills A1 test.......which i think would be the one?

Regards,

Dave

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:28 am

Hi,

This is the centre who have sent the screenshots which is on the list of approved sites you sent.

International House Mexico City

On the IELTS site it says the following is required;

Family route

Spouse/partner
Parent of a dependant
A1

Speaking and Listening

IELTS Life Skills at A1 – Pass

IELTS for UKVI2 – 4.0 in Speaking and Listening

If this is correct i will ask her to e-mail International House for clarificatiuon?

Regards,

Dave

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:28 am

A1 General.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:38 am

They mark it in Mexico as A1 General training...so this one?

And if this is so are both of the following requirements covered in this IELTS Life Skills at A1 – Pass

IELTS for UKVI2 – 4.0 in Speaking and Listening?

Sorry but i want to make sure it is correct as without this she cannot apply for the visa.

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa

Post by sprinter1967 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:50 am

Hi,

My partner is applying for a Fiance visa from Mexico. We have been in a four year relationship and meet the qualifications with regard to finances and our personal history.

My question is when you first submits the online application should she only send the UKV1 Apllication form? I am confused as i know we also need the Appendix 2 of VAF2A as well as a completed UK Border Agency sponsorship form. Are these submitted with online application or do we wait for instructions as to when to submit them?

We also have a multitude of supporting documents such as pays slips, P60, wedding arrangements, proof of relationship, etc. Should these be sent with the first application or do we wait for instructions?

Regards,

David

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Surely somebody can help with this?

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Hi

When you submit your form online you will need to print this , and take along with Appendix 2 form to the VAC when you have your bio metrics appointment Both are needed.

when you refer to "UK Border Agency sponsorship form" is this the SU07 form? this is not required for Spouse/Fiance applications

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks,

It is the SU07/12 form.

Other than that the rest of our history, flight details, accomadation, etc has been compiled in an index format which i presume from what you say is handed in at the Bio metrics appointment?

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi

the SU07 Form is not required as stated in my previous post. But please ensure that you do complete the appendix 2 form.

May i ask which country are you applying from for your visa. The reason i ask is that lot of countries are moving the decision making part to Sheffield. If it is then most of your supporting documents will go Sheffield after the bio metrics have been completed.

If not, then everything will be submitted at the same time as your bio metrics.

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:39 am

Hi,

My partner is applying from Guadalajara, Mexico. Though she will have to travel at least twice to Mexico City for a the A1 english test (booked 06/07/2017) and the biometrics. The timescale is concerning me even from a point of view as to when to send her my 6 months of payslips. With a view to our wedding arrangements i was hoping to book somewhere for the end of October but maybe i am being optimistic.

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:55 am

Hi

so in your case, you will submit everything at the VAC including the supporting documents (pay slips etc). So make sure everything is included at the time of submission.

Remember its 6 months pay slips back from the date you submit and pay for your application online. The last pay slip can not be more 28 days than date you submit and pay online for your application

Just checking the VFS site for Mexico there is a centre in Guadalajara

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Mexico/engli ... tre.html#3

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:45 am

Hi,

Yes but after checking with Guadalajara they have told my partner that it will be Mexico City.

Please let me know if i have these steps correct;

1) Online application after passing A1 IELTS Englis test. (no paylslips, rental agreements, marriage plans at this stage)

2) Submit all additional paperwork at VAC (We have compiled payslips, rental agreements, marriaGe plans etc in an index format) at Biometrics meeting.

3) ?

If you can help with this it would put my mind at rest.

David

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi

It would be better to complete the online form when you have everything ready IELTS and all the supporting documentation. This will ensure you dont miss 28 day rule on financial docs

You will need to fill in appendix 2 by hand, and this is where you state your relationship details and how your meeting the financial requirements

Here is a link to the appendix 2 form, read through it to give you some idea

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi,

Thanks it is making it clearer to understand.

The appendix 2 document i have completed as far as possible for my partner. So the plan at the moment is to complete it before it is required to be handed in e-mail her my completed document for her to copy on a blank appendix 2 document and sign.

In part 3 of the Appendix document with regard to the financial requirement i have one child who falls in to the criteria but my partner has none. So she should reply as no children which would make the criteria £18,600 a year?

The good news is i am running out of questions now thanks to your help.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm

sprinter1967 wrote: In part 3 of the Appendix document with regard to the financial requirement i have one child who falls in to the criteria but my partner has none. So she should reply as no children which would make the criteria £18,600 a year?
Can you explain what you mean by the above :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Casa,

if I am right in understanding Sprinter1967 has child from a previous relationship. In that case the financial requirement would be just for the spouse at £18600

@sprinter1967, is this correct?

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:56 am

Hi,

Thanks guys.

You are confirming what i thought (after checking again) my partner has no children that section is based on her and would be £18,600.

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:49 am

Hi,

There is some confusion between my partner and i as to which official documents we will need to present.

1) Appendix 2 of VAF4A...I know this one is required so no issue.

2) Personal details VAF4A....is this required?

3) Appendix 2 VAF 4A financial requirement form....is this required?

MakingItWork
Newly Registered

Post by MakingItWork » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:04 am

[quote="sprinter1967"]Hi,

There is some confusion between my partner and i as to which official documents we will need to present.

2) Personal details VAF4A....is this required? Do you mean Part 1? Your relationship to your sponsor part?

3) Appendix 2 VAF 4A financial requirement form....is this required? Of course!

As far as I know you need to complete the whole form. For the financial bit you should pick the appropriate category.

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi,

2) The screenshot she has sent me is titled; PERSONAL DETAILS FORM (VAF4A DECEMBER 2013) FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM.

Is there are any official downloads that we would need?

Thanks

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:32 pm

sprinter1967 wrote:Hi,

2) Personal details VAF4A....is this required?

3) Appendix 2 VAF 4A financial requirement form....is this required?
Hi

1 and 3 are the same thing are they not? So when you create a application on visa4uk site this will generate the VAF4 form for your spouse to print and sign. This will have all the personal details. There are only a few rare countries where you need to include the form manually ( North Korea is one example)

So once you have completed the visa4uk form it will say print form. Then you need to complete the Appendix 2 form take both of these with the passport and all supporting docs to the Visa application centre.

Who has told your partner she must complete the personal details form manually by hand

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a

See the personal details form is only for applications in North Korea, so you spouse does not need to complete this, it will be generated and filled when she completes the application and prints it off

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:56 am

Hi,

Because i have her log in details for the Visa4UK site i am unable to see her application. She has applied under the following; Settlement - Settlement - Marriage

There are 8 sections on the application including Passport and Travel Information, Personal details and history, Family details, Employment, Medical treatment, Sponsor details, English language, and additional information.
She has completed all of these sections and i can see no links to any form to be completed or downloaded?

sprinter1967
Newly Registered

Post by sprinter1967 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:26 am

Sorry i am ABLE to see her application. And from your previous posts any forms she needs to complete will be generated when she sends the application? So we do not need to manually download any.