ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tracking visa GWF

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

israr110296
Newly Registered

Tracking visa GWF

Post by israr110296 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi all,
I’m wondering if anyone can help, I have recently applied for a visa for my wife at Mirpur in Pakistan, she has done the biometrics etc. and I have submitted the documents to Sheffield,
The biometrics appointment was on the 6th of June and the supporting documents were received and signed for on the 14TH June by the home office,
I have been trying the GWF number and the IHS number however I keep getting the message:
“The reference number GWF********* has not been recognised.

Please try again or use a different reference number.”
I’m getting worried now because it’s been more than fourteen days since the biometrics date.
Anyone have any idea on what might be going on?

gumsum

Re: Tracking visa GWF

Post by gumsum » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi Israr

I applied on 27 May, biometrics on 02 June. Supporting documents sent on 12th June.
I still have not got any acknowledgement from the home office. I dont know where are my supporting documents and when are they going to return them. I have also checked the status online and keep gettng the 'not recognised' message again n again.

Have you received your supporting documents back from the home office?

israr110296
Newly Registered

Post by israr110296 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:55 pm

gumsum wrote:Hi Israr

I applied on 27 May, biometrics on 02 June. Supporting documents sent on 12th June.
I still have not got any acknowledgement from the home office. I dont know where are my supporting documents and when are they going to return them. I have also checked the status online and keep gettng the 'not recognised' message again n again.

Hi I have not received the documents back, in fact I haven't had any contact from home office since sending supporting docs

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:45 pm

israr110296 wrote:

Hi I have not received the documents back, in fact I haven't had any contact from home office since sending supporting docs
Same here. Did you get any acknowledgement email from home office? I have sent them a paid email 3 days ago still waiting for their reply.

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:06 pm

You can't track applications made from Pakistan online you can only email or call them. They take time to reply they replied to my email after 6 days so don't worry they will reply soon.

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:21 pm

what reply you got ??

Kokab223 wrote:You can't track applications made from Pakistan online you can only email or call them. They take time to reply they replied to my email after 6 days so don't worry they will reply soon.

israr110296
Newly Registered

Post by israr110296 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:45 pm

gumsum wrote:
israr110296 wrote:

Same here. Did you get any acknowledgement email from home office? I have sent them a paid email 3 days ago still waiting for their reply.
If you mean the initial email after the biometrics confirming that the application has been submitted and they're waiting for the documents, then yes I received that one, otherwise I havrnt received anything else.

israr110296
Newly Registered

Post by israr110296 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Kokab223 wrote:You can't track applications made from Pakistan online you can only email or call them. They take time to reply they replied to my email after 6 days so don't worry they will reply soon.
Is this definately the case?

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:08 pm

No am talking about the one in which they assigned you VAF reference number.
and yes you can check the status online from Pakistan as well.
israr110296 wrote:
gumsum wrote:
israr110296 wrote:

If you mean the initial email after the biometrics confirming that the application has been submitted and they're waiting for the documents, then yes I received that one, otherwise I havrnt received anything else.

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Can I know how to check it online then? Because I am not aware of that.

israr110296
Newly Registered

Post by israr110296 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:42 pm

[quote="gumsum"]No am talking about the one in which they assigned you VAF reference number.

[quote="israr110296"][quote="gumsum"][quote="israr110296"][quote="gumsum"]Hi Israr

This is the email i received which contains a VAF number in the subject heading of the email
"Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section"

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:50 pm

But can you tell me how to check status online? There are only 2 ways which are telephone or email!

[quote="israr110296"][quote="gumsum"]No am talking about the one in which they assigned you VAF reference number.

israr110296
Newly Registered

Post by israr110296 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Kokab223 wrote:But can you tell me how to check status online? There are only 2 ways which are telephone or email!
israr110296 wrote:
gumsum wrote:No am talking about the one in which they assigned you VAF reference number.
This website:
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:23 pm

I think that's only for applications made within .UK not outside because it's not recognising my number either.
israr110296 wrote:
Kokab223 wrote:But can you tell me how to check status online? There are only 2 ways which are telephone or email!
israr110296 wrote:
gumsum wrote:No am talking about the one in which they assigned you VAF reference number.
This website:
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:54 pm

I have not received this email. The only email I received was an automated email when I submitted the application online. So I have not been assigned VAF reference number yet.
israr110296 wrote:
gumsum wrote:
israr110296 wrote:

This is the email i received which contains a VAF number in the subject heading of the email
"Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Visit Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.

If you have paid for Priority Service, your application will be placed in front of the queue and assessed ahead of other non-priority visa applications. As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fees, is not refundable if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website. Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country.

A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready – please do not attend the Centre until you are requested to do so.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

*List of Appendices:
Appendix 1 - Children / Other Dependants
Appendix 2 - Spouse / Partner
Appendix 4 - Pre-flight family members of Refugees
Appendix 5 - Access Rights to Child

Further information is also available on the UK visas and immigration website.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section"

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Have you tried both VAF and GWF reference numbers?

[quote="Kokab223"]I think that's only for applications made within .UK not outside because it's not recognising my number either.
[quote="israr110296"][quote="Kokab223"]But can you tell me how to check status online? There are only 2 ways which are telephone or email!

israr110296
Newly Registered

Post by israr110296 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:24 pm

gumsum wrote:Have you tried both VAF and GWF reference numbers?

Kokab223 wrote:I think that's only for applications made within .UK not outside because it's not recognising my number either.
israr110296 wrote:
Hi yes i have tried both GWF and VAF and i tried the IHS aswell but still nothing

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:34 am

Same here nothing also work for me as well

Kokab223
Newly Registered

Post by Kokab223 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 am

Yeah same here none of them work.

israr110296
Newly Registered

Post by israr110296 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Does that mean we cant track it then?

Miss UK

Post by Miss UK » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:50 pm

No we can track via only call or email

israr110296
Newly Registered

Post by israr110296 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:13 pm

Miss UK wrote:No we can track via only call or email
Thanks for the info

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Just received acknowledgement email from Sheffield Visa section

israr110296
Newly Registered

Post by israr110296 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:46 pm

gumsum wrote:Just received acknowledgement email from Sheffield Visa section
Is the email like the one I received or different?

gumsum

Post by gumsum » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:50 pm

same email
israr110296 wrote:
gumsum wrote:Just received acknowledgement email from Sheffield Visa section
Is the email like the one I received or different?