ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If I submit wrong IELTS test for Spouse visa...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dant
Newly Registered

If I submit wrong IELTS test for Spouse visa...

Post by Dant » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:47 am

What if I may have submitted wrong IELTS certificate for spouse visa. I was required to do Life skills A1 but I sat in IELTS general. And I'm not even sure that IELTS general is IELTS general UKVI there's no way to find that out. When I registered I clearly mentioned I am taking the test for UKVI.

Would my application will be refused and I would loose the fee I paid which is 2000 pounds, applying from outside UK.

anyone help please? :( :(

metanoia
Pakistan

Re: If I submit wrong IELTS test for Spouse visa...

Post by metanoia » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:42 am

Hi

Does your test result states UKVI number. If it does it is IELTS for UKVI.

I am in fairly similar situation as yourself except that i still haven't applied due to other reasons so i can still retake the test.

I took the IELTS general training October 2016 with British council in Karachi (which is a approved center with PK010 ID as per list updated on 1st june 2017). I may have selected General training myself in hindsight as my sister took the same test for her spouse visa or because of my know it all attitude.

What frustrating is that is my certificate doesn't state a UKVI number though for clearly taking test for intent to apply for UK settlement visa and passed with a CFER level C2. Our solicitor has seen the certificate and he said it was ok. But you cant really rely on them.

After reading your post i checked my certificate and found it IELTS General training and my google search shows the main difference to be a UKVI number so i will have to retake the test so its another setback in applying for the visa in an already long list though for a fairly straightforward case.

Now my question from senior member to be should i retake the A1 life skills test or i can opt for B1 life nkills test so it can be used later on applying for extension.

Thank you

Dant
Newly Registered

Post by Dant » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi, thanks for replying.

I did not yet apply. However I have submitted my application online and I have made an appointment to visit visa office thinking that I am all prepared.
I have given exam in UAE this college was not even approved center. When I booked for IELTS I clearly stated I am taking the exam for immigration purposes for UK but college still registered me and charged me 947 Dhirms after exam, and result I found out this might be a problem not only I have wasted time and money but now I am gonna have to make a new application and take a new appointment date with visa office as well as I need to take IELTS once again.
You are right do not rely on solicitors end of the day they would say sorry and jog along, we are the one who would get stuck and pay full home office fee once again.

As my spouse in joining me in Dubai and we are flying back to Pakistan. I am not sure I should already book IELTS in advance before any further delay and then spaces runs out.

If you are also apply for spouse visa I suggest you should do Life Skills A. If you go to British Council website it clearly states that Life Skills A1 can be taken for those who are wishing to apply for spouse/partner visa. But make sure its in approved center. There is a center in Karachi so you are lucky. My mum dad lives in Multan so we will have to travel all the to Lahore for the test.

https://www.britishcouncil.pk/exam/ielt ... mmigration

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:27 pm

If you have plenty of spare time and surplus money to waste then can give it try otherwise simply book the UKIV recommended English test at their approved centres.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

thekhan87

Post by thekhan87 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:45 pm

If I was you. Certainly book the UKVI IELTS. Then send the original certificate alongside a cover letter.
This will help cleanse your mind and certainly put you at ease. It's better to chance £200 then to chance in excess of £1500.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:09 am

Thank you Seagul for the advise. But it wasn't for the plenty of time and surplus of money as we have already wasted a lot of it. It was only that the both tests are available on the same date 6th july, costs same and same 1 week time for results so was only considering my options.

I am booking it for 6th of july.

Thank you

Dant good luck for your application.

mb7891

Post by mb7891 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:15 am

metanoia wrote:Thank you Seagul for the advise. But it wasn't for the plenty of time and surplus of money as we have already wasted a lot of it. It was only that the both tests are available on the same date 6th july, costs same and same 1 week time for results so was only considering my options.

I am booking it for 6th of july.

Thank you

Dant good luck for your application.
You are correct in that they are the same test, and often happen on the same day. But the key main difference is the UKVI has additional levels of security and taken in separate area to meet the requirements of the UKVI.