ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Obtaining Polish citizenship while working in Poland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Igorchuk85
Newly Registered

Obtaining Polish citizenship while working in Poland

Post by Igorchuk85 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:03 pm

Greetings! I'm from Lutsk and I've been working in Rzeszow for 3 months at the construction site. And you know… I've found out that in Poland the government treats to its citizens much better than in Ukraine! Unlike me, my Polish colleagues have good social benefits and salaries. Besides food is much cheaper!
Can you tell me where I should go to obtain Polish citizenship? Can I expect any benefits if my grandmother and grandfather were Polish citizens?? Thank you! :)

JAJ
Australia

Re: Obtaining Polish citizenship while working in Poland

Post by JAJ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Information on Polish citizenship from the Ministry of the Interior:
https://mswia.gov.pl/en/document/ways-o ... nship.html

You may lose your Ukrainian citizenship if you become a Polish citizen- but, based on your posting, that may not be important.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

420weblazeit
Newly Registered

Re: Obtaining Polish citizenship while working in Poland

Post by 420weblazeit » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:04 pm

JAJ wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:48 pm
Information on Polish citizenship from the Ministry of the Interior:
https://mswia.gov.pl/en/document/ways-o ... nship.html

You may lose your Ukrainian citizenship if you become a Polish citizen- but, based on your posting, that may not be important.
In practise, and in my experience, it is impossible to loose Ukrainian citizenship. Furthermore, Ukraine requires foreigners to renounce previous citizenship if and only if they wish to become Ukrainians. Ukrainians obtaining other citizenship do not need to renounce Ukrainian citizenship.

If OP has Polish ancestors, he should apply for citizenship on that basis