ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Denmark spouse visa rejected EU rules

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

duchess
Newly Registered

Denmark spouse visa rejected EU rules

Post by duchess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Hello Everyone i need your advice. My husband is Romanian living and working in Denmark. I applied for a visit visa under E.U regulations. The Embassy asked me to provide proof that our marriage has been regeistered in Denmark since we got marrried in Uganda. I did all the Certification and my husband went ahead to register our Marriage with the kommune in Denmark. I sent the Embassy the document given to my husband by the kommune as proof of our Registered marriage. Today i received a reject letter stating i had failed to provide proof of my Husband's marital Status in Denmark!!! These were the grounds given for my rejection only! Now i am confused because i did send them the document which they acknowledge they received and now they tell me i failed to show proof :evil: :evil: I don't know whether to appeal, reapply or just Sue these very shady officials. Pliz advice
P.S had to apply thru Service center and pay for the visa processing fee which is supposed to be free of charge and no mention of refund either
Took them 46 calender days to return my passport with a rejection even after proof of registration

JAJ
Australia

Re: Denmark spouse visa rejected EU rules

Post by JAJ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:50 pm

You may need to seek advice from a Danish immigration lawyer.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.

waqasars

Post by waqasars » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm

The decision is illegal. You may file a appeal.

duchessovyork
Newly Registered
Denmark

Post by duchessovyork » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:59 pm

just wanted to update you on this one. So the reason the visa was denied was because the document which was issued to my husband by the local Kommune proving that our marriage had been registered in Denmark did not have my names on it except my date of birth! Ofcourse the embassy did not tell us this we had to figure it out on our own and then get another document from his Kommune showing I am his registered wife in Denmark. Once we had that I put in my appeal to the Embassy of my country although I was honestly not very optimistic. Well within two week I got a phone call to take back my passport to be stamped with visa granted for 3 months! Ofcourse prayers do come handy in this struggle. Advice.... Keep pushing everyone do not give up until we get to our destinations