ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony process changed?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

h200123

Ceremony process changed?

Post by h200123 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:33 pm

Hi All,

I have received an approval letter on 29/06 with a letter date of 21/06.

On the letter, It is mentioned that you should not contact Local council and you will receive an invitation of ceremony shortly.

Its 30/6 and I have not received any invitation letter yet, I was wondering it looks like a different process.

I am checking post and people saying that they have booked a ceremony etc but in my case why I dont have the option to book myself and been asked not to contact local council, Is the process changed?

Thanks

worriedsoul
Newly Registered

Re: Ceremony process changed?

Post by worriedsoul » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:31 pm

I received the approval letter which said to contact the council and also specified the phone number. When we called the council, they already knew that we had the approval and said that they were going to send an invite even if we did not call them, but I guess giving the council a call to check if they have received the approval is not going to hurt. It looks like they are trying to make the process simpler by asking the council to arrange it but from an applicant's perspective the wait seems endless.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Ceremony process changed?

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:37 am

h200123 wrote:Hi All,

I have received an approval letter on 29/06 with a letter date of 21/06.

On the letter, It is mentioned that you should not contact Local council and you will receive an invitation of ceremony shortly.

Its 30/6 and I have not received any invitation letter yet, I was wondering it looks like a different process.

I am checking post and people saying that they have booked a ceremony etc but in my case why I dont have the option to book myself and been asked not to contact local council, Is the process changed?

Thanks
I think this is to make sure that your approval infrormation reaches Council and has been inserted into their system before you call. Don't think it will do any harm in giving them a buzz but be prepared that your information might still not be there on their system.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !