ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking advice applying For EEA FP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ryanhima77
Newly Registered

Seeking advice applying For EEA FP

Post by ryanhima77 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:34 am

Hello,

I am writing down to inquire about applying for an EEA FP , My fiancee is from Romania and she lives in UK for 3 years on a national insurance number , I am from Egypt , We met in UK in 2015 as i always travel to UK every summer with a family visit visa because i have 2 sisters which they are British citizens, She visited me in Egypt in the last year 2 times and stayed with me for 5 months, and we are looking forward to get married after 2 years of relationship in her home country in Romania.

My question is i need an advice for how to apply for EEA FP , Can i apply from Romania after we get married as i will be on a private visit visa in Romania or i will have to go back in my home country ?

And also i have read that one of the requirements is "be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application" Does that mean that she have to come to Egypt first and then we travel together to UK and after that we depart from UK to Romania ?

Thank you

Zuly1820

Re: Seeking advice applying For EEA FP

Post by Zuly1820 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi,

I think you'll have to apply from your country of origin unless you have a residency permit for Romania.

You don't have to travel together to the UK as long as your fiancee is living in the UK and exercising treaty rights for more than three months.

The travelling to the UK rule only applies if the EU National has stayed in the UK for less than 3 months.

This is my understanding but please correct me if I'm wrong anyone!

All the best !

ryanhima77
Newly Registered

Re: Seeking advice applying For EEA FP

Post by ryanhima77 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Zuly1820 wrote:Hi,

I think you'll have to apply from your country of origin unless you have a residency permit for Romania.

You don't have to travel together to the UK as long as your fiancee is living in the UK and exercising treaty rights for more than three months.

The travelling to the UK rule only applies if the EU National has stayed in the UK for less than 3 months.

This is my understanding but please correct me if I'm wrong anyone!

All the best !

Thank you for your answer , i appreciate your help for providing information to me,

I will hopefully wait for anyone who have more information to say

Thanks again