ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP and NHS registration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Platinum

EEA FP and NHS registration

Post by Platinum » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:58 pm

My local health centre has refused to let me register because my EEA FP has less than six months left on it. (They're only issued for six months, so no surprise.)

They claim that until I can show a valid visa for more than six months, they can't register me. So, with the original six months of the FP, and the six months it may take them to process my EEA2 application for a residence card, it'll be a year without medical services before I have this "proof".

(I have the confirmation of receipt letter from the BIA, but it says nothing about NHS and whether I can be considered to have a valid visa for more than six months.)

I'm pretty sure this is bunk, but I can't find anything on either the BIA/Home Office websites or the spectacularly craptastic NHS website to bring to the health centre as proof! My Google powers are failing me.

Can anyone point me to any references about this?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:52 am

21.4.15 After entry wrote:You should also explain that after entry to the UK the holder could apply to the Home Office for a residence card.

The possession of a valid residence card (presently a Home Office endorsement in the holder’s passport) will enable the holder to re-enter the UK without the need for an EEA family permit. This is providing he/she continues to qualify as a family member of an EEA national (as defined in Regulations 7, 8, 9 and 10), and is subject to the normal derogations of public policy, public security and public health.

Please note, registration certificates and residence cards are not currently required in the UK in order to be considered legally resident. (EEA nationals and their family members may choose to apply for this documentation as confirmation of their right of residence).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Thanks, vinny.

I was hoping for something from the NHS itself recognizing my ability to register, but maybe that was hoping for too much.

I'll try with the ukvisas thing.