ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which visa for UK to attend job interview

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wealthy.industrialist
Newly Registered

Which visa for UK to attend job interview

Post by wealthy.industrialist » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:06 am

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for a UK visa in order to attend a job interview in the UK (2-3 days)? I think it should be a Visitor - Business visa. However, the guys at VFS suggest that it should be a tourist visa.

Please advice.

Also, how important is the correct visa type

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Which visa for UK to attend job interview

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:57 am

wealthy.industrialist wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am applying for a UK visa in order to attend a job interview in the UK (2-3 days)? I think it should be a Visitor - Business visa. However, the guys at VFS suggest that it should be a tourist visa.

Please advice.

Also, how important is the correct visa type
Difficult one!

I'd go for a visitor visa - easier to get but don't mention work/job at all in the application or to the ECO/IO's or carry any evidence in ur bags just in case! I've seen 'Airport' on TV here and visitors do get caught!

In any case, isn't a business visa applied for by a company on behalf of an employer?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:18 am

I went to the UK last Nov for a job interview using a Visitor visa-business category. The embassy granted me that visa because my prospective employer sponsored my trip. I submitted an invitation letter indicating that I will only be in UK for 4 days.