ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Questionnaire Dilemma (Please Help)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

americangal2
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit Questionnaire Dilemma (Please Help)

Post by americangal2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi guys! I'm currently applying for my EEA family member permit and filling out the online application. however, I have a few questions about the questionnaire...

(Employment, Income, and Sponsor details):

They ask:
Income and Expenditure:
How much do you spend each month on living costs?

How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?

The total amount of money you have for this trip

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets

The cost of your accommodation

The cost of your living expenses

Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?
(in this case if I click 'yes' it gives me these further questions which I could state my father is paying or could say my husband is paying...but I wouldn't have any proof to provide for either really...)

Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip?

How much will they be paying towards your trip (in GBP £)?

Please explain why they are paying towards the cost of your trip?

should I put N/A for all the above questions or would that harm my application? I am unemployed and my Father who I reside with is my financial supporter until I get to the UK where my husband will be my full financial supporter till I find a job. I have not purchased my ticket yet because we want to wait till our visa gets through so I dont have a lot of answers to these questions...

Thank you all!! Hope to get some good replies and hope to get accepted for our visa!

Casa

Re: EEA Family Permit Questionnaire Dilemma (Please Help)

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:56 pm

I'll leave others who have experience of the online application to help with the questions you have, but can you confirm that your husband in an EU/EEA national who is exercising his Treaty rights in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

americangal2
Newly Registered

Post by americangal2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Yes, of course he is. He has been living and working in the UK since 2014. We will be including all information when it comes to his employment and background documents that will be needed. (bankstatements, payslips, P60 form, letter from employer).

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:31 pm

americangal2 wrote:Yes, of course he is. He has been living and working in the UK since 2014. We will be including all information when it comes to his employment and background documents that will be needed. (bankstatements, payslips, P60 form, letter from employer).
Good. You'd be surprised at how many forum members over the years have assumed that a British citizen can sponsor a spouse under the EEA Regulations.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

americangal2
Newly Registered

Post by americangal2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:38 pm

:) I completely understand why you would ask.
Hope someone has some experience with this application, after going through the forum I am starting to feel uneasy. Well, fingers crossed. Thanks for your reply.

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:35 am

Hi,

My husband has applied for an EEA Family Permit as well.
He is currently unemployed and being supported by his father financially.
I will be paying for his trip to the UK.

This is how he filled the form - I got it checked by my solicitor and he said it was fine.

How much do you spend each month on living costs? He just wrote an estimated amount of his current expenses

How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
None (since he is unemployed)

What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? Price of airline fare and train tickets

The total amount of money you have for this trip - None

The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets - Price of airline fare and train tickets

The cost of your accommodation - None (we will be temporarily living with my parents)

The cost of your living expenses - an estimate of his living expenses in the UK

Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip? Yes
(in this case if I click 'yes' it gives me these further questions which I could state my father is paying or could say my husband is paying...but I wouldn't have any proof to provide for either really...)
You are not expected to buy your tickets before you receive a visa so you can't really proof who paid the trip - I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Please select what the relationship is of the person who is contributing to the payment for your trip? Sponsor/wife

How much will they be paying towards your trip (in GBP £)? All costs

Please explain why they are paying towards the cost of your trip? He wrote " I am currently unemployed and therefore my wife will be paying for all costs of my trip."

Hope this helps :) all the best!

natari
Newly Registered

Post by natari » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:02 am

You can state that your husband is your sponsor, will be paying for everything, and fill in the fields accordingly. His payslips and bank accounts will serve as proof of his capability to do that.
Just put approximates in the fields that ask for amounts and expenses... I had facepalms all over this application form, its questions are often quite ridiculous.
"1. Do you live with your partner? - Yes"
"2. How do you communicate with your partner?" ......... We live together, no?

One advise I could give is attach any documents you can think of to your applications. The requirements don't state what exactly they are looking for, but in reality there is a list, and it includes, apart from all possible financial documents, a proof of your education.

Good luck!