ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking passport back

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

londonukguy

Taking passport back

Post by londonukguy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:21 am

Hi there
I would like to know that is it possible to take passports back without affecting the application process and queue.
I have applied spouse visa for my wife and child from Pakistan and it has been almost 2 months.
If so how it can be requested?

SimonS

Re: Taking passport back

Post by SimonS » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:00 am

Hi,

I called the helpline on Wednesday last week and asked the same question. They told me, yes, there is a simple way to get your passport back - Cancel your wifes application!!!!

They told me that is the only way to get it back.

They have had my passport since 5th May, over 2 months.

If you find a way to get it back please let me know. I've already missed 4 international meetings at work and I'm supposed to be in Milan this week. Guess where I won't be.

Cheers
Simon
I'm not an expert and only answer from my personal experience and understanding of the rules. Spouse Settlement Visa Granted for my wife July 2017. You should not take my advice as absolute.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:26 am

Too late now, but the sponsor can submit a certified copy of their passport with the spouse's visa application and retain the original.
It's mandatory to submit the original passport of the applicant.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rankaseye
Nigeria

Post by rankaseye » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:52 pm

you can request your passport back if you are not the main applicant, I did same for my husband and the passport was returned within 10 days with a letter stating that they have made a copy of my husbands passport and if they need it they would ask us to send it back..
go online and fill the form.