ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen to Ireland Need your help please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

romaan
Newly Registered

British Citizen to Ireland Need your help please

Post by romaan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:24 pm

I am a British Citizen and My wife is Moroccan. Got married in 2015. my salary is less than 18,600 so I coudnt apply for a settlement visa, but we applied for UK visit visa and was refused. I am planning to go to Ireland. But I really dont know whats the first step? what are the requirement. Could someone please explain to me in simple words please. Your help will be highly appreciate in this regard. Thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: British Citizen to Ireland Need your help please

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:47 am

As a BC you are considered settled in The State and don't really need to do anything except the usual register for tax with the Revenue, obtain your PPS numbers (sort of NI card) and find somewhere to live. In Dublin finding a place is hard and very expensive, especially in the city centre.

You don't really register with a GP like you do in UK, you can go to any but it's €60 per visit so don't get ill.

Getting a bank account is simple, though like everything else here it's not usually free because they charge for everything, I have a very basic one for free with AIB, but if you want contactless etc they charge for it (19c per transaction).

You can so most government things from my http://mywelfare.ie

So basically you just turn up and go from there but if you are looking to live in Dublin be prepared for a long hunt to find a place and fair wedge to pay. I rent one room in the Northside while I'm here and costs me €1100 per month, 3 miles out of the city.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 am

Wanderer wrote:You can so most government things from my http://mywelfare.ie
Wanderer, your link doesn't work :?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:31 am

CR001 wrote:

Sorry try:

https://www.mywelfare.ie/

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:40 am

Wanderer wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Sorry try:

https://www.mywelfare.ie/
Works now, thanks :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

romaan
Newly Registered

Post by romaan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Wanderer wrote:As a BC you are considered settled in The State and don't really need to do anything except the usual register for tax with the Revenue, obtain your PPS numbers (sort of NI card) and find somewhere to live. In Dublin finding a place is hard and very expensive, especially in the city centre.

You don't really register with a GP like you do in UK, you can go to any but it's €60 per visit so don't get ill.

Getting a bank account is simple, though like everything else here it's not usually free because they charge for everything, I have a very basic one for free with AIB, but if you want contactless etc they charge for it (19c per transaction).

So basically you just turn up and go from there but if you are looking to live in Dublin be prepared for a long hunt to find a place and fair wedge to pay. I rent one room in the Northside while I'm here and costs me €1100 per month, 3 miles out of the city.
Hi
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I would like to use the following route to get my wife to Ireland
Family members of EU/EEA/Swiss citizens seeking to reply on Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive) – type of visa for which you should apply

If you are a non-EEA national:
who does not hold a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” as referred to in Articles 5(2) and 10(1) of Directive 2004/38/EC on the rights of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of Member States, and
wishes to accompany or join an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen family member who is moving to or residing in Ireland pursuant to the Directive 2004/38/EC,

what I understand is that I have to leave my job in UK and go to ireland, rent a place to live there and then apply for a spouse/family visa? any Idea what documents we need with visa application form? do I have to go to with her to embassy in Morocco? Do I have to be in a job? do they want to see where im living? etc?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:50 pm

romaan wrote:
Wanderer wrote:As a BC you are considered settled in The State and don't really need to do anything except the usual register for tax with the Revenue, obtain your PPS numbers (sort of NI card) and find somewhere to live. In Dublin finding a place is hard and very expensive, especially in the city centre.

Hi
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I would like to use the following route to get my wife to Ireland
Family members of EU/EEA/Swiss citizens seeking to reply on Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive) – type of visa for which you should apply

who does not hold a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” as referred to in Articles 5(2) and 10(1) of Directive 2004/38/EC on the rights of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of Member States, and
wishes to accompany or join an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen family member who is moving to or residing in Ireland pursuant to the Directive 2004/38/EC,

what I understand is that I have to leave my job in UK and go to ireland, rent a place to live there and then apply for a spouse/family visa? any Idea what documents we need with visa application form? do I have to go to with her to embassy in Morocco? Do I have to be in a job? do they want to see where im living? etc?
This is no visa, your EU FoM rights are 'passed on' two her - obvs though it's best to have a piece of paper (I think it's FAM4 in Ireland) but it merely affirms her derived rights, not a visa in itself.

You will need to be working, studying or otherwise self-sufficient, and you'll need to totally shift your 'centre of life' to Ireland.

Remember too if your doing this and planning to return to UK under Surinder Singh the UKVI sees this as an attempt to circumvent UK rules, which of course it is, the wicket is getting stickier. And with Brexit looming it's maybe not such a viable plan anymore.

Something to consider...

romaan
Newly Registered

Post by romaan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Wanderer wrote:
romaan wrote:

Hi

This is no visa, your EU FoM rights are 'passed on' two her - obvs though it's best to have a piece of paper (I think it's FAM4 in Ireland) but it merely affirms her derived rights, not a visa in itself.

You will need to be working, studying or otherwise self-sufficient, and you'll need to totally shift your 'centre of life' to Ireland.

Remember too if your doing this and planning to return to UK under Surinder Singh the UKVI sees this as an attempt to circumvent UK rules, which of course it is, the wicket is getting stickier. And with Brexit looming it's maybe not such a viable plan anymore.

Something to consider...
Dear Wanderer, I really appreciate your communication. My marriage is affecting by this problem that my wife is in Morocco and i'm here in UK. I can move my centre of life to Ireland its not a problem, we just want to live together. Dublin is very expensive and I am not thinking to live in Dublin. I have already applied for some jobs through (indeed.co.uk). Could you please explain the underline please

In the event that your visa application is approved you will be issued with a single journey short stay ‘C’ visa which will permit you to enter and reside in the State for up to 3 months.
In the event that you wish to remain in the State for more than 3 months as a family member of an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen exercising their free movement rights, you must apply (when in the State) for a Residence Card of a family member of a Union citizen.
If you are granted a short stay ‘C’ visa on the basis of the Directive and are joining an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen who is exercising free movement rights in the State you are advised to ensure that, on arrival in the State, you have proof of the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen’s residence in the State in your possession for production on request to the Immigration Official at the port of entry.
Failure to provide such proof may result in you being refused entry to the State and a visa warning being entered on your passport.
If you are granted a short stay ‘C’ visa on the basis of the Directive and accompanying an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen who intends to exercise free movement rights in the State you must, on arrival in the State, be accompanied by the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen.
Failure to be accompanied by the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen may result in you being refused entry to the State and a visa warning being entered on your passport.

I talk to a lawyer, he asked me for 1500 Euros, :( but why some ppl says I do not need work and you only need work if you need to apply for residence, could you confirm this as well please?

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:46 pm

You need to work or study to make use of Freedom of Movement rights. You can't just go there and live on savings. It would need to be a minimum of six months anyway to really stand a chance of using the SS route.

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:00 pm

ryuzaki wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:46 pm
You need to work or study to make use of Freedom of Movement rights. You can't just go there and live on savings. It would need to be a minimum of six months anyway to really stand a chance of using the SS route.
Actually treaty rights allow for residing on 'sufficient resources' though you will need to have comprehensive health insurance too.

Useful guide for beginners here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

Ahmedbilal
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmedbilal » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:41 am

A friend if you are thinking to move to Ireland and call u r wife from Morocco. It should be OK. As visas are being issued after Irish govt. Lost a case in high court in 2016. The case was won by a solicitor company. You can Google it . Judgement is self explanatory.
You can also apply for your wife while you are in UK and join accompany your wife in ireland but these cases are taking very long. Although the Irish govt. Have lost in highcourt another case regarding this type of visa but the Irish govt apealed against its own high court judgement .