ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Access to public funds?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

difficult_guy

Access to public funds?

Post by difficult_guy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:38 am

Hi guys,

My mum is over 70s and she has been granted "Residency" visa with "Leave to Remain" and "Work Permitted" (Even though she is over 70s).

Judge mentioned in "....She will require some continue access to Public Funds"

But Home office sent her Visa card saying, No access to public funds.

She was granted only two and half years of visa and she may have to reapply it every year (I dont know long she need to keep applying her visas)

Can she access any sort of benefits?

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Access to public funds?

Post by plabo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Hello

Have you been able to sponsor your mother from abroad? Can you please tell how? Am sure you are a UK citizen. Can you please state which nationality is she from and which route did you take?

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:31 pm

She came as a visitor for third or fourth time from Kashmir/Pakistan but due to her poor health, we applied HO if they let her stay in uk. We had to go to court and Judge decided in her favour after first hearing.

My brother sponsored her and he is british citizen.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:13 pm

difficult_guy wrote:She was granted only two and half years of visa and she may have to reapply it every year (I dont know long she need to keep applying her visas)
Sounds like she was issued either an FLR(FP) or Leave Outside The Rules. Interesting that she was not issued an ADR visa, which is ILR and hence has access to public funds.

Can you reproduce, as accurately as possible, but taking out personal information, the paragraphs from the judgment stating that she should have access to public funds?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 pm

secret.simon wrote:
difficult_guy wrote:She was granted only two and half years of visa and she may have to reapply it every year (I dont know long she need to keep applying her visas)
Sounds like she was issued either an FLR(FP) or Leave Outside The Rules. Interesting that she was not issued an ADR visa, which is ILR and hence has access to public funds.

Can you reproduce, as accurately as possible, but taking out personal information, the paragraphs from the judgment stating that she should have access to public funds?
I dont know any of above technical details but YES I can post copy of judgement which says that she will need continue access to public funds. but I do NOT know how to attach photo on this thread