ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 Parent Refusal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

EU1 Parent Refusal

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:29 am

Hi All,

I'm posting this on behalf of arz1986. He is having trouble logging in so posting questions on his behalf.

He applied for EU4FAM for her mother on 4th October and received a refusal yesterday. the reason for refusal is 5(2) which says that the applicant (her mother) isn't a qualified member so that's why her application is being reduced.

He did provide Birth Certificate and remittance slips to INIS. The money sent every month was around 50-100 Euros for last 6 months.

He is planning to do a review but what else can be provided to remove the above objection and what really the above objection means? Does this mean that INIS couldn't establish that she is his mother or INIS wasn't satisfied that she is financially dependent? Is there any minimum amount that is required every month for the parent to become dependent?

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: EU1 Parent Refusal

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:10 pm

He might wanna send an email to INIS for further explanation regarding this refusal :
Eutreatyrights@justice.is

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Do you suggest doing on top of putting in the review?

I believe the refusal itself is very unfair so sending an email with an explanation will help and can that reverse the decision?

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks zahmed, I am planning to have a DNA test parental, legal case. do anyone think DNA will work, do if anyone have any other option in mind or have same problem.

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Alixlboy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:39 pm

I think first, we need to know why exactly have they refused it and what s the exact reason for refusal. Only then we can establish as to what should be done. So ask "them" for an explanation of their decision. Only saying that the parent is not a qualified dependent doesn't make any sense. There could be many reasons behind this. So if I were you, I would have asked them to be more specific and tell me why have they refused. Once they have given a proper reason, I would then act accordingly.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 am

zahmed
qualifying applicants are the spouse, child, grandchild, dependent parent or dependent grandparent of an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen in Ireland.

the underline above is from the inis site as you can see for spouse, child and grandchild you don't need to prove dependency but for parents/grandparents you have to also prove they are dependent

the reason your application was refused is because you may have failed to proof the dependency part so I think you should go back to your case file study it and maybe seek professional help.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:47 am

zahmed05 wrote:Hi All,

I'm posting this on behalf of arz1986. He is having trouble logging in so posting questions on his behalf.

He applied for EU4FAM for her mother on 4th October and received a refusal yesterday. the reason for refusal is 5(2) which says that the applicant (her mother) isn't a qualified member so that's why her application is being reduced.

He did provide Birth Certificate and remittance slips to INIS. The money sent every month was around 50-100 Euros for last 6 months.

He is planning to do a review but what else can be provided to remove the above objection and what really the above objection means? Does this mean that INIS couldn't establish that she is his mother or INIS wasn't satisfied that she is financially dependent? Is there any minimum amount that is required every month for the parent to become dependent?
Hi arz1986,

Sorry to hear this but the refusal doesn't make any sense.

If INIS would have needed more dependency documents, they normally ask.

You need to seek more clarity on this decision.

If I think INIS decision was against EU Directive, I will seek advice from Solvit. Below is the link:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/advice/index_en.htm

Also wait for senior forum members' reply.

I hope your mom get her visa in her Appeal.

All the best!

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Mal11,
I have western union slip from 2012 til now around 36 slips., Last One Year mother irish bank account record, it is not the case I know for sure. I think my birth certificate is not verified. I like to take DNA test in ireland to prove here my mother. do any member advice any other way. or opinion.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:21 pm

arz1986 wrote:Mal11,
I have western union slip from 2012 til now around 36 slips., Last One Year mother irish bank account record, it is not the case I know for sure. I think my birth certificate is not verified. I like to take DNA test in ireland to prove here my mother. do any member advice any other way. or opinion.
You can ask your Pakistan embassy in Ireland to see if they can provide Birth certificate issued based on your mom's passport. Not sure if this is offered.

I always had a live birth report but not a birth certificate. But
I submitted birth certificates for both myself and my mother that was issued by Embassy in Singapore where I used to live. Indian embassy offers birth certificate service in Singapore based on passport.

Just contact your Pakistan embassy to see if they issue one if you feel your momz RC was refused based on birth certificate.

I hope this helps!

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:53 pm

hi britasia,

do you after refusal they wil accept any document from embassy of pakistan. it is possible to do that. but still I think DNA is better option