ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Premium Service - Further information request

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Itchy11
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Premium Service - Further information request

Post by Itchy11 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Does anyone on here have any experience with the same-day premium services that requested more information and how long it took to turnaround your documents?

We had an appointment at the Croydon PSC last month for FLR(M). We were told we couldn’t receive it that day as they wanted additional financial info (CT600), but other than that they were satisfied with the overall application. The case officer assured us that if we sent the requested documents to Croydon within the 2 weeks, he would review them the same day it arrived (as they were standard documents) and we would have a decision and our passports back within a week. They were delivered 3 weeks ago and still we havent heard a single thing! I am devastated as we a trip booked back to Australia in 3 weeks to see my grandfather who has recently had a heart attack, let alone the money lost on a trip we were supposed to leave on tomorrow. My fiancée and I specifically asked at our appointment how long it would take and we were advised a week turnaround. Given our plans, had we been told it was going to be significantly longer we would have just copped the hit, taken our documents and booked and travelled to another premium appointment centre elsewhere that could get us in earliest.

I tried ringing the contact numbers and they just said your case is ‘awaiting a decision’ and to write a letter to Sheffield(?) requesting an update from the case officer. So far we have:
1) Written to Sheffield requesting details and an update – no response
2) Written to the Croydon PSC – no response
3) Made a complaint to UKVI – no response
4) Written to our local MP – no response

I don’t know how on earth to get anything meaningful about my application. What is most frustrating is that we proceeded with this based on the advice and timeline given by the officer, which has turned out to be hot air. Where is the accountability? I feel like our application was 95% considered on the day and they were just awaiting this document – I don’t understand what could take so long to finalise a decision, especially given the extortionate amount paid for the 'same-day' appointment to start with. Our case is so simple and straightforward. Any advice / experience to share?

Itchy11
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) Premium Service - Further information request

Post by Itchy11 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:21 am

Does anyone have any experience with this and advice?

I tried calling UKVI again yesterday but they said they can't see my details because it was a premium appointment.... but they can update people with standard applications.. my mind boggles. I don't know what else to do

DB00001
Newly Registered

Post by DB00001 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi,

We have had the exact same thing happen to us, right down to the promise of reveiwing the information as soon as its received. We sent our information back over 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

We have tried all the same avenues as you have, calling, writing letters, and we haven't had anything back.

We've already had to cancel 1 overseas trip and may need to cancel another. If we knew it was going to take this long we would have never used the same day PSC option.

Very frustrating that no one can seem to tell us what is happening with it.

koagiri02

Post by koagiri02 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:55 pm

having the same issue.was ask to provide a document the case felt although not necessary but she had to ask me to post by recorded delivery. did that immidiately but waiting for 5weeks now

koagiri02

Post by koagiri02 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:26 am

Anyone with with idea of what to do
Thanks

letchinchin
Newly Registered

Post by letchinchin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi, our situation is very similar to that of the OP. We attended a premium service on 11/07/2017, and they received the requested additional documentation on 17/07/2017 according to our tracked delivery, which we addressed to our case worker at her office as she asked for. We have yet to hear anything back directly from HO and need the documents back very soon.

Premium service date: 11/07/2017

Online Status: Awaiting decision as of 11/07/2017

HO Received additional documents: 17/07/2017

Contacted HO by phone: 14/08/2017 - told it was now transferred to the 8 week processing time starting 11/07/2017

Letter sent to case worker requesting information update and stating urgency (with contact information and paid for special delivery envelope enclosed): HO received 18/08/2017 - not heard back

Local MP contacted HO: 21/08/2017 - he was told that they had our additional documents and that they will try to process as quick as they can.

Further letter sent to case worker detailing situation and requesting speed (worded extremely politely): HO received 23/08/2017 - no answer

It has been very frustrating at the lack of communication from HO, and I feel for all those in this situation. We all paid for the premium service, and it is literally taking longer than those undergoing the postal route (we've read all the processing time listings!). I would really appreciate others giving their updates here, and to update your situation if it does get decided.

letchinchin
Newly Registered

Post by letchinchin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Can everybody involved post more details on there cases like I have provided. Keeping posts up will also bring this topic to the attention of others. Lets keep each other updated and help one another. I will keep you all up to date with our situation!!

We have also contacted multiple lawyers, and have been told that sometimes going through a MP can help. We contacted ours via email very politely (including some ego lifting :lol: ), and he contacted the HO and got back to us within a couple of working days.

We have even driven down to the office itself and waited for our case worker in the hope that we could politely remind her of our case. Unfortunately there must have been some back door, as we literally waited the entire day and even confirmed with other employees that she was in.

koagiri02

Post by koagiri02 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Not looking good after several call to home office, I got an email from call centre that nothing they can do about it so I should wait for reply from case worker since it's a premium application. Anyone with idea how to go about this situation. Thanks

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Post by i.need.help » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:00 pm

I had a bit of a similar situation at my Premium Centre Service appointment as well, where they didn't give the decision on the same day. But the guy did say all my paper work and everything is fine and not to lose sleep over it. They were waiting for some 'internal check' to come back which is why I didn't get a decision on the day. He also said I'll receive a call the following morning and indeed I did telling me they had made the decision and whether I wanted to collect the documents and passport or have them post it to me.

The next working day I received everything back in the post along with the good news and two days later the BRP arrived as well.

Happy days.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

koagiri02

Post by koagiri02 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:57 am

Any advice or what to do. Thanks

letchinchin
Newly Registered

Post by letchinchin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 pm

My application has now been waiting well over 2 months, and I still haven't had any word from the Home Office. When I call them they just tell me that I can only wait.

koagiri02

Post by koagiri02 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:11 pm

I have not heard anything since 1st July, Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

keeno
Newly Registered

Post by keeno » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:44 am

letchinchin wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 pm
My application has now been waiting well over 2 months, and I still haven't had any word from the Home Office. When I call them they just tell me that I can only wait.
When they are asking for ct600, is it justified at all? I mean
Did you rely on earnings from your own limited company?
Or you met financial requirements anyway but they just found out you had a company too and hence decided to scrutinise.

keeno
Newly Registered

Post by keeno » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:45 am

DB00001 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:11 pm
Hi,

We have had the exact same thing happen to us, right down to the promise of reveiwing the information as soon as its received. We sent our information back over 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

We have tried all the same avenues as you have, calling, writing letters, and we haven't had anything back.

We've already had to cancel 1 overseas trip and may need to cancel another. If we knew it was going to take this long we would have never used the same day PSC option.

Very frustrating that no one can seem to tell us what is happening with it.
What further info did they require. And did they actually need to see that info that you just happened to forget?

keeno
Newly Registered

Post by keeno » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:47 am

letchinchin wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:43 pm
Hi, our situation is very similar to that of the OP. We attended a premium service on 11/07/2017, and they received the requested additional documentation on 17/07/2017 according to our tracked delivery, which we addressed to our case worker at her office as she asked for. We have yet to hear anything back directly from HO and need the documents back very soon.

Premium service date: 11/07/2017

Online Status: Awaiting decision as of 11/07/2017

HO Received additional documents: 17/07/2017

Contacted HO by phone: 14/08/2017 - told it was now transferred to the 8 week processing time starting 11/07/2017

Letter sent to case worker requesting information update and stating urgency (with contact information and paid for special delivery envelope enclosed): HO received 18/08/2017 - not heard back

Local MP contacted HO: 21/08/2017 - he was told that they had our additional documents and that they will try to process as quick as they can.

Further letter sent to case worker detailing situation and requesting speed (worded extremely politely): HO received 23/08/2017 - no answer

It has been very frustrating at the lack of communication from HO, and I feel for all those in this situation. We all paid for the premium service, and it is literally taking longer than those undergoing the postal route (we've read all the processing time listings!). I would really appreciate others giving their updates here, and to update your situation if it does get decided.

What centre was it?
What further info was required.

koagiri02

Post by koagiri02 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:18 am

In my case, I was only ask to produce proof of address for 2 years . The case worker said she could see am resident in the address for long time but still need to show proof. I sent that with recorded delivery next day and confirmed delivery. And since July never heard anything. I called after six weeks waiting and was told it's premium and they couldn't find anything. It's Croydon premium service center. Thanks

koagiri02

Post by koagiri02 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Any help will be highly appreciated
Thanks again

koagiri02

Post by koagiri02 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:45 pm

any help will be highly appreciated

madhav.dadi

Post by madhav.dadi » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi all,

I am facing the same situation as Itchy11. Case worker told me at Croydon PSC everything is fine and nothing to worry. They just need bank statements covering CT600 period. I did sent them in 5 working days. It's been 3 weeks now and there is no update. my entire family's India trip got cancelled and had faced some other financial losses because of HO decision delays.

I have tried calling HO several ways but no joy.
Complained and waiting for the update, it takes ages to get some info.
Met MP also and there is no update.

I dont know what to do.

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Post by Kwipeh » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:18 pm

Quite frustrating isn't it?

I reckon it's always best not to make concrete plans until your case is concluded.

Word of mouth advice from anyone you speak to at the HO, is not enough to use travel plans on, tempting as that might be.

Good luck, everyone.

Ivy128
Newly Registered

Post by Ivy128 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:34 pm

koagiri02 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:45 pm
any help will be highly appreciated
Sorry for asking, but I’m facing the same problem like yours last year. Could you please tell me how long had you waited for your visa to arrive?
Many thanks

Ivy128
Newly Registered

Post by Ivy128 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Is there anyone in this situation tried to go back premium service center to ask for update if we have not heard anything after 4 weeks waiting?

Much appreciated if you can give me an advice.

Ivy128
Newly Registered

Post by Ivy128 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:27 pm

madhav.dadi wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:34 pm
Hi all,

I am facing the same situation as Itchy11. Case worker told me at Croydon PSC everything is fine and nothing to worry. They just need bank statements covering CT600 period. I did sent them in 5 working days. It's been 3 weeks now and there is no update. my entire family's India trip got cancelled and had faced some other financial losses because of HO decision delays.

I have tried calling HO several ways but no joy.
Complained and waiting for the update, it takes ages to get some info.
Met MP also and there is no update.

I dont know what to do.
Hi there,
May I ask have you heard anything from HO since?
Thanks a lot

madhav.dadi

Post by madhav.dadi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi All,

Yes, I have got the visa on 12th. I have approached my local MP and she had written the letter to HO Director on 11th and 12th HO processed the application. It's basically a straight forward case but it was kept aside.