ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension to Ilr application via permium service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akirocks
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension to Ilr application via permium service

Post by akirocks » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi All,

I have submitted by Tier 1 Extension application on Feb 24th 2017, no result has been came as of 19th July 2017, I will be eligible for 10 years on 10th August 2017, just wanted to ask can I use the premium service for long residency even if my passports are not with them, how can I make sure the date when I have my appointment at premium service office my passports should already with them.

Your suggestion and answers will be appreciated.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 extension to Ilr application via permium service

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:03 pm

You can vary your application at a PSC in person but you will not get a same day decision as your documents have to be requested by the case worker to be sent to him/her at the PSC. You will have to wait to hear back after that
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

akirocks
Newly Registered

Post by akirocks » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi Zimba88,

Thanks for the answer.

Is it advisable to book an appointment for premium service for vary of application from Tier 1 ext to ILR or postal is better, would it be much quicker than postal even if they have to request my documents from other department. I dont mind even if the result of my ILR can be given after 1 or 2 weeks or a month but will be quicker than postal which time frame states 6 months.

Please advise

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:11 pm

This is up to you.
You can choose PSC to vary to ILR OR vary via post first and request to upgrade to PSC later. I cannot tell you which will lead to a decision faster
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

akirocks
Newly Registered

Post by akirocks » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:35 am

Hi Zimba,

I really appreciate your quicks and wise response, i am going to take your opinion and apply next week by post and once I get my biometric letter upgrade it to premium service.

One question I had, when I upgrade to premium service, they have 2 options postal premium upgrade and in person premium upgrade £490 and £590 respectively, for in person I have to wait to get the date for the same day service which at that time will be after 4 weeks date, which according to you is advisable and this upgrade premium service I have heard they take decision in 5 days . What reason is the best to write it down in upgrade request form so that is convincing and they don't refuse it. On what grounds they can refuse the premium upgrade request if you know any.

Sorry too many question, but I according to your past advise to other can rely on you. Kindly advise please.

Thanks again

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Please remember that I did not advise any specific path to follow and I clearly said it is up to you.
I also do not know why a request for upgrade might be refused. It could come down to the complexity, type and nature of your application. That is is decision that HO will make

akirocks
Newly Registered

Post by akirocks » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your response, really appreciate.

akirocks
Newly Registered

Post by akirocks » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Hi

Zimbaa

I submitted my ILR application to vary from my Tier 1 extension on 25th August on postal and they deduct money on 30th August but I haven't received biometric letter yet.

I received a call from compliance officer from home office on 5th September that they want to take my interview at my registered office which is also my residential address. I told them I vary my application to ILR, did you not receive it and officer said she is only compliance officer and not case worker, she said she will contact her manager and will call back to confirm.

Today she called and said regardless your other application for ILR we will still visit you on Monday 11th September.

I sent vary letters to my Tier 1 extension site and also told them I have sent my ILR application on 25th, so don't understand why they are coming for interview even though I have sent my ILR application for vary and told them over the phone aswell.

Kindly reply please as soon as you can.

Any suggestion what they will ask me in interview and what if my answers are not upto their mark, what will happen to my ILR application.

Please reply.

Thanks.

akirocks
Newly Registered

Post by akirocks » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:39 am

Hi

Zimbaa

I submitted my ILR application to vary from my Tier 1 extension on 25th August on postal and they deduct money on 30th August but I haven't received biometric letter yet.

I received a call from compliance officer from home office on 5th September that they want to take my interview at my registered office which is also my residential address. I told them I vary my application to ILR, did you not receive it and officer said she is only compliance officer and not case worker, she said she will contact her manager and will call back to confirm.

Today she called and said regardless your other application for ILR we will still visit you on Monday 11th September.

I sent vary letters to my Tier 1 extension site and also told them I have sent my ILR application on 25th, so don't understand why they are coming for interview even though I have sent my ILR application for vary and told them over the phone aswell.

Kindly reply please as soon as you can.

Any suggestion what they will ask me in interview and what if my answers are not upto their mark, what will happen to my ILR application.

Please reply.

Thanks.

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:03 am

don't know much about such visits, but I think you can expect to be interviewed about the extension papers which you provide to them and they can test the genuineness of that business.

akirocks
Newly Registered

Post by akirocks » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi.

Thanks for your response.

Another thing wanted to ask, if suppose my interview doesn't go as planned and not happy with my answers, can they take any decision on my Tier 1 ext application even though I sent my varried application of ILR on the basis of 10 years route before even they called me for interview????

I submitted my varried application form on 25th August and they called me on 7th September.

Your response will be great help for me.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:59 pm

You can interviewed by Ho at any stage. It is irrelevant that you varied your application to SET(LR). You still need to demonstrate that you have been a genuine entrepreneur. There is recent report of compliance officers visiting Tier 1E applicants premises.

See: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/ho-will-vi ... 38570.html