ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling Without BRP and British Passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sehzade_mustafa
Newly Registered

Travelling Without BRP and British Passport?

Post by sehzade_mustafa » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi everyone, I just got my approval letter yesterday (19/07/2017) exactly 4 months later of the application. However there is one thing I am worried about. I booked my ceremony for 7th August and I will be going holiday on 12th August. I still didn't get my passport (I applied and paid for passport when I was applying for citizenship 4 months ago). As you all know after the ceremony I have to send my biometric resident card back to HO. So how can I travel back from my country without my British passort and residence permit card??? Can I use the citizenship certificate which they will give me following the ceremony? :?:

HarryC

Re: Travelling Without BRP and British Passport?

Post by HarryC » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:41 pm

one doesnt get issued a passport unless he/she takes the ceremony first.
you usually get the passport 2-3 weeks after you take the ceremony not together.

if i was you, i would have postponed the ceremony to a date after you return from holiday as like you said, you have to send your BRP after the ceremony

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:13 pm

You need to either postpone your ceremony or trip. DO NOT leave the country until you have a passport. No airline will allow you to fly without either valid leave to enter or a passport.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

safatafa
Member of Standing

Post by safatafa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:28 am

go for private ceremony if its urgent atleast that way u will be assured u ll have ur passport before ur flight.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:37 am

safatafa wrote:go for private ceremony if its urgent atleast that way u will be assured u ll have ur passport before ur flight.
This is still no guarantee the passport will be received in time.

Best option for OP is to postpone ceremony till after the holiday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sehzade_mustafa
Newly Registered

Post by sehzade_mustafa » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:05 am

ok thanks guys, I am now contacting my local council to change it to 4th September. I wish there was an option to cancel a booking easily. I keep calling them and they don't answer. I just booked another ceremony for 4th September.