ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ID no. Minor Error on English Language B1 SELT Certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tak01
Newly Registered

ID no. Minor Error on English Language B1 SELT Certificate

Post by Tak01 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:44 pm

Hello All,

I am not quite sure whether this has beeen posted before but I have tried and couldn't find any info on this. Apologies if it has.

I am after an advice please. My wife sat in B1 SELT Exam at Trinity College for SET (O) dependent application.

When booked the exam we made minor error in entering the id no. Correct ID is 5193473, the no. Entered during registration was 51934373. This error was rectified by the Trinity College staff during registration process on the day of the test and she was allowed to sit in the exam.

I have now received the Certificate and the no. On the certificate is as per the registration process i.e Incorrect No.

I have contacted Trinity College and they have advised its a minor error and if you can attach a letter explaining the error you will be okay as Trinity cannot change details on certificate. She also gave other option as take another test.

Has anyone been in this situation? I would appreciate if some one can provide some advice please.

Many Thanks,

Carwan10
Newly Registered

Re: ID no. Minor Error on English Language B1 SELT Certifica

Post by Carwan10 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi there

I can share my friend's experience,
When his wife had to sit for the test they
Put her last name as first and vice versa.
When the test people were checking her ID
before test they didn't bother for the mistake
and said same thing that it's minor mistake.
So my friend just put covering letter with her
visa application and home office didn't raise any
issue. She's got her ILR now.

Hopefully it will satisfy your concerns.