ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Referee Details for MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uktierone

Question on Referee Details for MN1

Post by uktierone » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:03 am

Hi Experts

I am in process of preparation of documentation for MN1 application for my child. In regards to the referee details I have contacted GP and Health Visitor but they have refused to give the reference stating they no more do this.

I have approached my child nursery and one of the staff member is happy to give the reference. My child is going to leave this school by end of August and will be moving to another school from September.

Considering this do you advice to take the reference from current school ?

Regards

uktierone

Re: Question on Referee Details for MN1

Post by uktierone » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Experts any opinions please ?

smkhan
Newly Registered

Post by smkhan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:23 am

Same question. Is there any alternate way? Can we have a referee other than a teacher, Health Visitor or religious Minister?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:45 am

Indication of acceptable referees:
https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf

If the persons who have dealt with your child in a professional capacity have refused to act as referees you may want to notify the Home Office of this and provide their contact details regardless.

Guidance on page 10 of this document states that if you cannot get a referee of this nature for your child, a referee meeting the general requirements will be acceptable.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1.0EXT.pdf

However- section 1(3) registration is an entitlement and the Home Office cannot lawfully frustrate that entitlement by imposing unreasonable requirements to obtain a reference. In other words, if you have done all you can to obtain references and failed, you may wish to apply anyway and explain to the Home Office what you have done and why you cannot provide references. As far as I am aware, they cannot legally refuse the application as long as you show the statutory requirements are met.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction.