ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revoked EUFam visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

msd781
Newly Registered

Revoked EUFam visa

Post by msd781 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi there,
I got 5 years EUFam visa on August 2014 based on getting married with a European Girl. After having difficulties with Immigration and as my wife is no longer staying with me, my visa was revoked in end of 2016. However, I have my GNIB card with me with date until 2019 and stamed passport.
After revoking my visa, I applied under Article 8 (Human rights) to provide me permission to remain In this country as I am living in Ireland for 10 years and also completed higher education honors degree from Irish institute.

Now I got 2 questions,
1- is there any possibility to get permission to remain in this states or can I go back to the rules applied for long term students?
2- can I travel to my country pakistan for holiday through Dublin Airport without any problem as my other friends are doing so who has same problems Or they can stop me while I am coming back to Dublin even I have stamed passport and GNIB card with 5 yrars?

Would be really appreciate if someone reply me in details.
Many thanks...

Alixlboy
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Revoked EUFam visa

Post by Alixlboy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 am

Hi,
Where is your wife from and how did the immigration know that she is not living in Ireland?
Q1. I'm not sure about this. Other members might want to reply this question.
Q2. They might stop you as your permission has already been revoked. Is your friend having the same problem as yours?
I would suggest that you get your problems with the immigration resolved, before you travel to Pakistan.

mayflower805
Ireland

Post by mayflower805 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:50 pm

msd781 wrote:Hi there,
I got 5 years EUFam visa on August 2014 based on getting married with a European Girl. After having difficulties with Immigration and as my wife is no longer staying with me, my visa was revoked in end of 2016. However, I have my GNIB card with me with date until 2019 and stamed passport.
After revoking my visa, I applied under Article 8 (Human rights) to provide me permission to remain In this country as I am living in Ireland for 10 years and also completed higher education honors degree from Irish institute.

Now I got 2 questions,
1- is there any possibility to get permission to remain in this states or can I go back to the rules applied for long term students?
2- can I travel to my country pakistan for holiday through Dublin Airport without any problem as my other friends are doing so who has same problems Or they can stop me while I am coming back to Dublin even I have stamed passport and GNIB card with 5 yrars?

Would be really appreciate if someone reply me in details.
Many thanks...
You're most likely to be stopped at the time of entry to Ireland as the immigration officer will check your passport and gnib card . I just came back from uk last month and the officer asked me my address. And when I said my address, he was looking at the computer monitor asked me did you recently move to new address? I think they have all the information access and they would know your permission to remain in state has been revoked. Hope it helps.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:51 am

1) Regulation 2015 you should surrender your GNIB card to the minister once its revoked.
when they sent you revocation letter im sure they must have asked you to return your GNIB card keeping it in your possession is a violation of immigration law this will not work in your favour and if your working on ground of this invalid visa its another offence so if your looking for permission to remain on any other ground this will have a negative impact on your case.
you mention you got married in 2014 so the marriage did not last much long also will not work in your favour.

2) if they have revoked your permission your GNIB card and Stamp on passport are not valid anymore the benefits of them are not applicable to you as well.

the student scheme was introduce for students enrolled back in 2004 or before so if you came here after that im not sure it will apply to you even if you did enrol back in 2004 retrospective application to grant you permission will be at discretion of the immigration officer.

im not trying to scared you im just telling you where you stand legally because I don't think you understand the gravity of your situation because your asking to travel on a visa that is revoked (cancelled)!

my advise
get legal help asap and cooperate with the immigration office as in your case you might have to rely on their discretion, help and sympathy toward you.