ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from employers regarding absences from the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kmln
Newly Registered

Letter from employers regarding absences from the UK

Post by kmln » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello, I am about to apply for my ILR application after spending 5 years in the UK on Tier 1 General. I have been informed that I need to submit letters from all my employers that I had taken an official leave from work whenever I went outside the UK during these 5 years.

In my case, I have just been away for a maximum of two weeks each year on holidays. I have never been absent from the UK for any official work or a personal trip that would cause a 'break' in my residence period. Do I still need to get these letters from my employers and submit with my ILR application?

One of my employers (the first one that I joined) has confirmed that they don't hold any leave records as far back. What option would I have in such a situation?

Richard007
Barbados

Re: Letter from employers regarding absences from the UK

Post by Richard007 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Options: Stamps on your passport if you have any, and flight logs or tickets.

The Stamps need to show your exist and entry and the flight reference helps to show when you left and returned.

But if I was in your position I would get my old employer to give me a letter showing when I took a leave from work which I would prove to him/her by showing them the above details. That should be enough for them even if your employer does not keep a log of their own.