ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment History in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

guaravd

Employment History in the UK

Post by guaravd » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:21 am

Hi all

For naturalisation application(Form AN), I have a question in relation to Employment history in UK during past 10 years.

The An guidance says that "You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years". Are there any specific circumstances under which we need to provide this or this is a mandatory requirement and proof of this is a must required ?

Your response are much appreciated. Thanks

Regards
G

guaravd

Re: Employment History in the UK

Post by guaravd » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:04 pm

guaravd wrote:Hi all

For naturalisation application(Form AN), I have a question in relation to Employment history in UK during past 10 years.

The An guidance says that "You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years". Are there any specific circumstances under which we need to provide this or this is a mandatory requirement and proof of this is a must required ?

Your response are much appreciated. Thanks

Regards
G
Hi all

I did manage to find the answer to my above question but I was wondering if anyone can help me with an additional query:
If I have worked for an organisation for 2yrs but I only have pay slips for 18months will that suffice the requirement or I need to produce the pal slips for all 24months ? Just to clarify that I do not have P60 here. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Get your history from HMRC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:21 pm

CR001 wrote:Get your history from HMRC.
Its too late now. Have my appointment tomorrow.

I just can't find any clarity whether one need to submit all the payslips for that period or is it ok to provide few payslips for that specific employer which will prove NI contribution ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:32 pm

NCS don't usually take them. If you put your NI number in it is usually sufficient for HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:47 pm

CR001 wrote:NCS don't usually take them. If you put your NI number in it is usually sufficient for HO.
I was under the same impression that NI number should suffice all of these requirements but then after reading the guidance I am more confused:

1.48 - 1.50 You must provide details of all your National Insurance contributions made for your current and previous employment during the past 10 years. To support this claim evidence can be in the form of payslips, P60s covering the relevant period, or a letter(s) from the employer(s) confirming you have worked for them, from the start and finish date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Many members have posted that NCS don't take them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:56 pm

CR001 wrote:Many members have posted that NCS don't take them.
Let see how it goes but I personally feel that it shouldnt be a matter of concern.

Thaknks for your input CR001.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:57 pm

No it shouldn't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Devil81
Mood:

Post by Devil81 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi guaravd,

I insisted on submitting my employment history from HMRC along with my accountant letter to the NCS lady.

She accepted it so as long as you have it request them to submit.

It doesn't take much more than copying and popping it into their bunch of documents.

I also requested to submit all of my P60s and SAs (6yrs) but she said UKVI/HMPO will request if they need it.

Again, employment is not a requirement for Citizenship and your NI no. is sufficient.

Thanks.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:12 pm

Devil81 wrote:Hi guaravd,

I insisted on submitting my employment history from HMRC along with my accountant letter to the NCS lady.

She accepted it so as long as you have it request them to submit.

It doesn't take much more than copying and popping it into their bunch of documents.

I also requested to submit all of my P60s and SAs (6yrs) but she said UKVI/HMPO will request if they need it.

Again, employment is not a requirement for Citizenship and your NI no. is sufficient.

Thanks.
Thanks Devil81.

Thats what I plan to do. Submit whatever I have. Cheers

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:12 pm

NCS refused payslips and P60s said they are not required. Aren't P60s evidence only for EU and not non EU applications?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:20 pm

mrgs1 wrote:
NCS refused payslips and P60s said they are not required. Aren't P60s evidence only for EU and not non EU applications?
No always.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:34 pm

british-citizenship/p60s-required-t230190.html I read wrong, some threads suggested it was EEA applications only.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Update from NCS......
I carried all my documents including payslip, P60 etc but none was accepted at NCS. It seemed that the lady there knew what she was doing. Even she mentioned the fact that these docs are required for EU nationals only.
So basically she just took my brp card, life in the uk, passport and application form.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:16 pm

NCS dont take the letters or unnecessary documents that are not needed.

I applied and carried all P60s and P800s , None were taken and lady at NCS told me that the NI . no is enough and all HO will do is in case of anything they will write and request if reqd.

Hope this helps.

NCS lady told me that only in cases of SE applicant they want latest tax returns of Statement of accounts.